change member name for other reason

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
joelbrooksby

change member name for other reason

Post by joelbrooksby »

I need to record a death but I need to make a correction to her name. Its different in her obituary than it is on her record. I know its her obituary because her kids' names and her birthday match. Her middle name is just an initial on her record. It is "K" but should be "A".
thanks in advance, Joel
davesudweeks

Re: change member name for other reason

Post by davesudweeks »

The obituary is information provided by relatives or others and may contain errors or incorrect information. From a genealogical perspective, obituaries are very useful but not considered an "official" record like a birth or death certificate is. If you have confirmed her membership record is truly incorrect, (before you record the death) go to the member information on LCR and click the pencil icon at the far right side (near their birthplace). Make any corrections needed and save.

Once you record the death, you will not have access to the record any longer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: change member name for other reason

Post by russellhltn »

Before you make the change, look at her maiden name. Someone may have changed her middle name to be her maiden name. In which case, I would not change it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”