Branch Assistant Clerk - Access

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cchang

Branch Assistant Clerk - Access

Post by cchang »

We are looking at calling a Branch Assistant Clerk. Since we are small enough where it is a general assistant clerk and not specific to finance or membership, what access rights do they have? If I create a custom "assistant clerk", do they have all the access rights as I do as the Branch Clerk?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Branch Assistant Clerk - Access

Post by russellhltn »

cchang wrote:We are looking at calling a Branch Assistant Clerk. Since we are small enough where it is a general assistant clerk and not specific to finance or membership, what access rights do they have?
I'm not sure about branch, but wards can have just "assistant clerk" and I believe they have the rights of both membership and finance. I'd look at the list of standard callings and see what's listed. Otherwise, I'd suggest putting him in both positions.
cchang wrote:If I create a custom "assistant clerk", do they have all the access rights as I do as the Branch Clerk?
Custom callings get zero, nada, zilch. Not just clerk callings, but anywhere.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

The Access Table indicates that a Branch Assistant Clerk has the same rights as any other Assistant Clerk designation. IE finance, membership etc.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Biggles wrote:The Access Table indicates that a Branch Assistant Clerk has the same rights as any other Assistant Clerk designation. IE finance, membership etc.
Provided it is not a "custom calling" with the same name as a standard calling...
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

davesudweeks wrote:
Biggles wrote:The Access Table indicates that a Branch Assistant Clerk has the same rights as any other Assistant Clerk designation. IE finance, membership etc.
Provided it is not a "custom calling" with the same name as a standard calling...
The Access Table is the official source of standard callings! In my reply I made no mention of “custom callings”. Although it is good to remind people, that “custom callings” give no access rights whatsoever!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Biggles wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:
The Access Table is the official source of standard callings! In my reply I made no mention of “custom callings”. Although it is good to remind people, that “custom callings” give no access rights whatsoever!
And that was my only point - a clerk can create a custom calling with the same name as the standard calling thinking it doesn't matter. I have seen it done before.
cchang

Post by cchang »

Thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for. It helps review what access types they have.
cchang

Post by cchang »

russellhltn wrote:
cchang wrote:We are looking at calling a Branch Assistant Clerk. Since we are small enough where it is a general assistant clerk and not specific to finance or membership, what access rights do they have?
I'm not sure about branch, but wards can have just "assistant clerk" and I believe they have the rights of both membership and finance. I'd look at the list of standard callings and see what's listed. Otherwise, I'd suggest putting him in both positions.
When calling assistant clerks, is this a branch calling or a stake calling? Since the branch clerk is a stake calling, does the assistant clerk need to be processed through the stake also or can the branch president assign the calling?
Last edited by russellhltn on Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix quote tags
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cchang wrote:When calling assistant clerks, is this a branch calling or a stake calling? Since the branch clerk is a stake calling, does the assistant clerk need to be processed through the stake also or can the branch president assign the calling?
Handbook 1: 13.4.3.

I'm sure it applies to branches in a stake as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”