Dell and no Modems

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
bfromm

Re: Dell and no Modems

Post by bfromm »

Hi everybody,

I apologize for not being active in the forum for such a long time. I'm going to do my best to be more involved! We recently updated the computer models with the latest offerings from Dell, HP, and Lenovo. I'll post a new thread with more details about that, but for now I'll verify that we are no longer including a USB modem with each computer. We have over 30,000 units transmitting data with MLS each week, and as of last Sunday, only 336 of those units were using a modem. It just doesn't make sense to include a modem anymore when almost all units have a broadband internet connection. As somebody pointed out, this results in a substantial cost savings to the Church.

It should be noted that the FM group has the ability to order the modem individually, so if your unit needs the USB modem, please work with your FM group to order it. They will be able to take care of you! I will be sending all of the FM managers a document next week outlining all of the computer models, part numbers, etc.

Brian
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

Can we have a copy of that model/part number document too?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bfromm wrote:I will be sending all of the FM managers a document next week outlining all of the computer models, part numbers, etc.
While you're at it, send them the list of the 336 units, too. Maybe that way we will get broadband installed in our last lone branch. [grin]
bfromm

Post by bfromm »

aclawson wrote:Can we have a copy of that model/part number document too?
I won't be able to give you the document since it has pricing and other confidential information, but the eMarket part number the FM group needs to order is ACQ-57107.

Return to “Clerk Computers”