Lenovo Tiny Power Button

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
mnmpeterson

Lenovo Tiny Power Button

Post by mnmpeterson »

I recently updated several clerk PCs in my stake, some of which were the new Lenovo Tiny PCs. These have an option to turn it on through the keyboard by pressing Alt P. Unfortunately I used this method while setting the machines up and didn't notice until afterwards that the actual power button on two of them doesn't work. I left instructions with the clerks on how to power up using Alt P and reported the issue to our facilities rep. They have not gotten back to me on weather they will repair or replace the defective PCs.
Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how was it resolved?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Lenovo Tiny Power Button

Post by russellhltn »

mnmpeterson wrote:the actual power button on two of them doesn't work.
If it was just one, I'd think it was a defect. With two, I think it's likely a feature, not a bug. ;)

In Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power button does, make sure it's not set to "Do nothing".

You might also explore the BIOS options.

Failing that, call the Lenovo support line. I doubt if FM can just declare them defective and send them back. Usually one has to work with someone in the manufacturer's technical department to determine that it's really a fault and not "user error".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”