Reimage with Church's Win10 Image

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
Biggles

Re: Reimage with Church's Win10 Image

Post by Biggles »

My guess is because of the age of this particular model, the Optiplex 9020 W10 image licence hasn’t been obtained by Family Search!

I have seen this information, in not so many words, in the FHC Application Finder.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think this is a clerk computer. According to Reimaging Local Unit Computers, the church has moved away from "images" and switched to using generic OS and a Provisioning Tool to set up the computer. There is a link (not easy to find) on that page to download the Provisioning Tool.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Oops. Should have reread the earlier posts. I assumed, incorrectly that this was about a FHC computer. I'm not sure I've seen an Optiplex 9020 being used as a Clerk computer, in my nearly 9 years an STS! Hence my confusion.
Davieboy

Post by Davieboy »

Is the church around the world will be getting new windows 10 from the Church from Salt Lake City wise I would not suggest any members give a copy of any windows 10 just encase it muck up the church Computers plus everything has be done by salt lake no member cant but any copy of windows 10 image on any church computer system because it has be written inside the o.s only Microsoft can do that for the church then salt lake put into there new computers that will be sent around the world to temple and war family History centre, Church buildings to ward and branches so it best that church will bring in new computers that have special programme that is written for the church and only Microsoft can do that for the church and the salt lake people put the new O.S on all the new computers that have to be sent out around the world with special instructions inside the box of how to set to up make sure it run correctly only the stake Technologies special can do it all but no one has any right to put there very own windows 10 on the church computers because it will muck up the church IT System so it best to be left to salt lake people and the technologies plus I know people might have good entension to help out but its best to leave to the those who are been called to set up the new computers in the ward stake branch temples family history MTC to. Plus member are not allowed to use a USB and transfer the new windows 10 image from the Microsoft Create ISO Image Tool it says in the hand book of instructions that members are not allowed or Authorise to make any changes to the church computers. so in the other words the church IT Department will let you know all in and outs.

Plus I hope this help other people to

Return to “Clerk Computers”