Can't log into computer

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
jamesporteous

Can't log into computer

Post by jamesporteous »

How can I reset the user account and password on the stake computer as I spent many hours yesterday trying to login to have the message incorrect password, I fear that someone has reset the password I have checked with the various stake leaders who say it wasnt them, I have expenses to process and cannot get access to the computer.

Jim Porteous
Stake Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to use Tools

Post by russellhltn »

jamesporteous wrote:How can I reset the user account and password on the stake computer as I spent many hours yesterday trying to login to have the message incorrect password, I fear that someone has reset the password I have checked with the various stake leaders who say it wasnt them, I have expenses to process and cannot get access to the computer.
I'd check with ALL the leaders. The other alternative is to call on Monday. They'll send the procedure to the stake president.

If there was a number in the password, I'd try incrementing that number. Some computers are set such that the password expires after awhile and a new password must be set. Frequently that results in someone adding a number or incrementing a number that's already in the password.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aclawson

Re: Can't log into computer

Post by aclawson »

Have you checked with the stake STS? He should have set his own administrator account and can reset the password on the machine.

Return to “Clerk Computers”