Signature Cards

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jrobert0808

Signature Cards

Post by jrobert0808 »

Does anyone know how to print a blank Signature Card, when a change in the Bishopric occurs? Our bishopric recently had a change in counselors and we need to print out a new signature card. Any help would be appreciated.
eblood66

Re: Signature Cards

Post by eblood66 »

On the LCR menu select Finance > Reports > Signature Cards. Click the Update Card button at the bottom, print the blank card, have everyone sign it, then scan it (or take a picture) and upload it to the same location.
papamiller13

Post by papamiller13 »

Can't print out the card as it is displayed. When you select print card (I'm assuming the blank card since you need to obtain new signatures) it displays a gray field where the blank form should exist. I can print the web page and get the form that way. I did so and mailed the new form to the address indicated here and 6 months later with another audit the card has not been updated. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

papamiller13 wrote:I did so and mailed the new form to the address indicated here and 6 months later with another audit the card has not been updated. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Others have indicated that the card needs to be uploaded, not mailed. However the upload option doesn't appear until you print the card.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dandshall2

Post by dandshall2 »

I tried printing a new card but when I clicked on print card it printed the uploaded (signed) card. So I had to go back to the new form and instead of clicking on print card, I right clicked on the card and select print from there and it printed the blank card needed. So I will get the signatures needed and then I will upload it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dandshall2 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:16 am I tried printing a new card but when I clicked on print card it printed the uploaded (signed) card.So I had to go back to the new form and instead of clicking on print card, I right clicked on the card and select print from there and it printed the blank card needed.

The procedure to display the new signature card for printing after there has been a change in callings for those with finance permissions is to go to LCR > Finance > Reports > Signature Cards and click the blue Update Card button. A new signature card without signatures will be displayed. Click the blue Print Card button to print this new card for signatures. If you do not get a new signature card with blank signatures then there are some ChurchofJesusChrist.org cookies that need to be deleted.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
chuckursenbach

Post by chuckursenbach »

I followed this advice because I was having that problem, i.e., after generating the blank update form, it would go back to the old signed form when I clicked the Print button. So I deleted all my cookies for all time and tried again. Same problem. That was on Chrome. So I deleted all cookies for all time on Edge and tried again. Same problem. I had tried the trick of right-clicking on the blank form and printing that way, but it's not formatted correctly and the top part of the form, including part of the Bishop's line, gets cut off. I don't understand why this is still a problem. Is there anything else I can do? I tried the help line and they speculated it might be because the new clerk hadn't been set apart yet. But he has now, so that's not the explanation. This was working six months ago when I was called and had to do a new card then.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

A couple of thoughts:
1) This thread entitled Upload new signature cards?" has a lot more discussion, have you looked at the different ideas shared there?
2) Has another member of your Bishopric/Clerk tried to do this?
chuckursenbach

Post by chuckursenbach »

Thanks for the link to the other thread. I tried their suggestion to use Firefox and was able to successfully print off the blank signature card.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”