Meraki Firewall Activation

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
ccordoba24

Meraki Firewall Activation

Post by ccordoba24 »

Hi,

Only just started as Stake Tech Rep.

Can you point me to where there are instructions or kb articles on these firewall's please? A quick search here didn't work for me.

Ours is a stake centre but it's off completely, ie zero firewall. And it doesn't verify under Meraki Firewall Activation , configuration meetinghouse, and serial #xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Also under devices Step 1 Verify Firewall, it brings back an error message that Serial number null does not exist.

Stake Pres needs it working due to what people can access inside the building.

Kind Regards,

Carlos
Biggles

Re: Meraki Firewall Activation

Post by Biggles »

Unless you have already found it, the Activation/setup information is available the Help Centre - Meeting House Technology Internet section. Link below

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... t?lang=eng

If the Meraki firewall was obtained through an official source, it should verify through TM. However, for whatever reason, sometimes it doesn’t get on to the official database and will need to be added there by the GSC. This happened to me earlier this year, when I was asked by my FMG manager, to replace a stolen firewall. In this case, the firewall was purchased by the European area authority office. To facilitate adding the firewall to the database, it is useful to have a copy of the official purchase information, to give to the GSC representative.

I hope this advice will help. Please keep us updated on the outcome!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Activation should only be necessary if you're installing or replacing a firewall. I doubt if it's helpful if you're trying to fix an existing one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kittiphon

Post by kittiphon »

We just combine 2 units into 1 unit in the same meeting house. The name of new unit is also new. In Technology Manager, the status of firewall is unknown under new name. What can I do to solve this problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Since the status is unknown, I'd suggest rebooting both the firewall and the modem it's connected to. But first, double check that the serial number shown in TM is correct. That is how the unit is identified.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The Global Service Center can reassign the firewall to match the new unit name.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As long as the correct serial number shows up under the new unit name in TM, I think the recent change is a red herring. If that's not the case, then GSC will need to get involved.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”