SSID Changing?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
EarloftheWest

SSID Changing?

Post by EarloftheWest »

On the Orem YSA 2nd Stake Facebook Page news, they state:
In keeping with Church guidelines regarding the correct use of the name of the Church, the "LDSAccess" wifi name is being discontinued. The new wifi credentials are:

New church wifi name: Liahona
New wifi password: REDACTED

Please share this information with those you minister to so everyone gets the word.
Is this something only their Stake is doing or should we expect to see this change worldwide?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: SSID Changing?

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. It's possible. It's also a bit early for April Fools.

Perhaps they're on a beta for the change.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Someone told me our meetinghouse WiFi had changed this past week, but if it did, it was back to normal Sunday.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:Someone told me our meetinghouse WiFi had changed this past week, but if it did, it was back to normal Sunday.
Edit: I realize it is the worst kept secret in the world, but who in their right mind would post a church password in the clear on the Internet? There are a few things I will never understand.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

More than once, a stake visitor has asked me for the wireless password. Before I tell him the password, I suggest he ask any teenager in the ward. Then I ask him why he needs to connect to the Wi-Fi. The answer is usually that he wants to stream a video. Sigh.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:More than once, a stake visitor has asked me for the wireless password.
My phone just connects automatically if the local unit has not had the password changed.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

My problem is that if this information is correct and the change is going to happen, I think I will have to change the name of my home WiFi network, which is the same as the new one mentioned. I have a much better password, however, than the one proposed. Easier to remember. Harder to type.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This cartoon from a year ago seems fitting...
http://beckstrombuzz.blogspot.com/2019/ ... er-47.html
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
EarloftheWest

Post by EarloftheWest »

sbradshaw wrote:This cartoon from a year ago seems fitting...
http://beckstrombuzz.blogspot.com/2019/ ... er-47.html
:)
EarloftheWest

Post by EarloftheWest »

lajackson wrote:My problem is that if this information is correct and the change is going to happen, I think I will have to change the name of my home WiFi network, which is the same as the new one mentioned. I have a much better password, however, than the one proposed. Easier to remember. Harder to type.
Or, you could change the password to fit the one the Church is using. Then, all your church friends that come over will automatically be able to connect to your WiFi.
/s
:)

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”