why is familysearch.org not using LDS Accounts?

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I did read that but I guess I was hoping the word "now" trumped "eventually."
The word "now" refers at this point only to the beta version of New FamilySearch. The word "eventually" refers to all FamilySearch accounts.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Alan_Brown wrote:The word "now" refers at this point only to the beta version of New FamilySearch. The word "eventually" refers to all FamilySearch accounts.
I just received this from NFS:

Thank you for contacting FamilySearch concerning the integration of LDS Accounts and registration for new FamilySearch. You are correct, this does mean that new registrants will use their birthdate as opposed to their confirmation date.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

zaneclark wrote:I just received this from NFS:

Thank you for contacting FamilySearch concerning the integration of LDS Accounts and registration for new FamilySearch. You are correct, this does mean that new registrants will ???? use their birthdate as opposed to their confirmation date.
I just re-read my post and it looks as though the words "now" and "eventually" could still clarify this if either was to be used after the word "will."
techgy
Community Moderators

You Have Your Wish - NFS Is Now Using LDS Account

Post by techgy »

As off March 29th NFS (New.FamilySearch) is now using the LDS account.
There's a warning message just above the logon. If you don't have an LDS account you would enter your NFS username/password and they will help you get an LDS account.
We are changing the sign-in system so that one user name and password works for participating FamilySearch Web sites. From now on, please use your LDS Account for new.familySearch.org. If you don't have an LDS Account, enter your new.familysearch.org user name and password, and we'll help you upgrade.
From Home Page of New.FamilySearch.org
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Techgy wrote:As off March 29th NFS (New.FamilySearch) is now using the LDS account.
There's a warning message just above the logon. If you don't have an LDS account you would enter your NFS username/password and they will help you get an LDS account.
If you try to sign in with your old NFS account and you already have a LDS account they let you know that you have one and to use it. They also give you the links to remember your username and password.

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”