infobaun1 wrote:I'm just new on this forum today. Is there anyone who really knows PAF on Vista. I am a power user of computers in all forms and op systems except Vista. My mother of 81 years can never get saved data in PAF to really be saved. PAF on Vista seems to drop some parts of the new data she dilligently types in. I've watched her, had her save as two differant files as well with no consistant results??
I have used PAF for many years, and on Vista for over a year now, with no problems whatsoever.
Could you give a specific example of what you observe her doing where the data is not saved? It would help to know things such as:
- In which area of PAF are you entering data? Individual? Marriage?
- When you save, are you using the mouse to click OK or pressing Enter?
- Are there any error messages? If so, what are they and when do they happen?
- After saving a piece of data, if you immediately edit that data, is it gone, or does it seem to disappear later?
- Does the problem occur with editing existing records, adding new records, or both?
- When you say it "drops parts of the new data" do you mean that can happen in one edit of individual information? For example, you might enter a date and a place, and the date is saved but the place is not? Or is an entire editing transaction (initiate an edit, change fields, OK the transaction) either saved or not saved?
- How often does the problem occur -- is this a relatively rare problem, or does it happen a lot?