Copy Codes

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
moondogs

Copy Codes

Post by moondogs »

Do you have experience with implementing codes for copy machines? What has your experience been? If personal copying was occurring did implementing the code stop it?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Copy Codes

Post by jdlessley »

My experience has been a few years ago. We used the codes to manage library copier expenses for each unit using the copier. The agent ward paid the expendables and then billed the other three units in the building on a quarterly basis. The codes allowed us to be quite fair in the tracking of expendables. Each unit had a code but it was quite possible to track down to the auxiliary if needed. We didn't have problems with personal use so I can't say that it would help. The codes were public and were merely used to identify what unit was using the copier.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

We enabled codes for auxiliaries because we couldn't figure out where all the paper was going. 90% Seminary usage, we found that pretty quick - so it was helpful in that respect. The other thing we found is that it didn't really work all that well, people just used whatever code worked that they could find... easily identifiable when groups we knew were using it alot had zero. so, hit/miss for us, but we did find our culprit.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
SCOTTY9

Post by SCOTTY9 »

we have codes for several areas--however i do not now how to get a report by each code and the number of copies
made under each code? time frame available. also for copy count?

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”