PLEASE help me erase an old account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
klaytonteixeira

PLEASE help me erase an old account

Post by klaytonteixeira »

SOS I am preparing to go on a mission. I am having a problem because a long time ago I made an account, but i dont remember the username or password. So I went ahead and made another account. The problem is, on the new account I am not able to put my membership number, because i already put it on my old account. Is there a way to erase my old account, or put my membership number on this new account?
eblood66

Re: PLEASE help me erase an old account

Post by eblood66 »

You'll have to ask your clerk to get you in contact with the Global Service Center in order to delete the old account.

However, if you have an email address which is not currently on your membership record, you may be able to recover the old account with the help of your ward clerk. Ask your clerk to change your email address to this new email address. You should shortly (it happened within a few minutes the last time I tried it) get an email notifying you of the change and an email asking you to verify your ownership of the address. Once you verify the email you should then be able to use the 'Forgot your username?' link on the church account login page to recover your old account name and reset the password. The recovery information will be sent to this new email address.

You'd then need to use the old account because it's the one with your membership number. To get your membership number on your new account would require the assistance of the Global Service Center.
palolo.faalogo

Post by palolo.faalogo »

is there a phone number or email for the Global Service Center, and can we contact them direct, rather than going through the Ward Clerk?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

palolo.faalogo wrote:is there a phone number or email for the Global Service Center, and can we contact them direct, rather than going through the Ward Clerk?
Because your ward clerk is able to resolve many of the problems members have with their Church Account, he is your first line of support. This keeps the GSC more readily available for those problems a ward clerk is not able to resolve. And in many instances, the GSC requires the clerk to validate member information before they are able to help individual members.
klricks

Post by klricks »

palolo.faalogo wrote:is there a phone number or email for the Global Service Center, and can we contact them direct, rather than going through the Ward Clerk?
The number should not be posted here as this is a public forum.
All you need from the clerk is the phone number. You will need to make the call yourself. The clerk cannot resolve account issues for others due to privacy issues.
Assistant Ward Clerk

Return to “Church Account”