Password Recovery Options

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bayless

Password Recovery Options

Post by bayless »

An e-mail arrived 8-26-13 showing from FHD-Communication and stating "Action Required: New LDS Account Recovery Process Begins Soon" The link takes me to https://home.ldschurch.org/uniquesig075 ... uired.aspx

This appears to be phishing, can anyone validate this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Password Recovery Options

Post by aebrown »

That link does go to a valid page on the LDS Church Intranet. There is indeed a change in process for increasing the security of password recovery options. So it doesn't look like Phishing to me (but it's always good to be careful). However, the only people involved in this process should be Church employees, and certain missionaries who have Workforce accounts.

If you sign in to https://ldsaccount.lds.org you will see a Workforce tab only if you have such an LDS Account. If you don't have a Workforce account, you shouldn't have gotten that email, as far as I know.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:However, the only people involved in this process should be Church employees, and certain missionaries who have Workforce accounts.
Does that include Seminary Teachers? I thought they had the same/similar situation with respect to having to change passwords on a regular basis.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Does that include Seminary Teachers? I thought they had the same/similar situation with respect to having to change passwords on a regular basis.
Perhaps Seminary teachers who are Church employees. Our stake Seminary teachers have not been required to change passwords.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Some CES positions are in the Workforce system even though they aren't paid for their service – such as, for example, Stake Seminary Supervisors, which is just a stake calling. They show up in the directory at home.ldschurch.org and, from what I understand, they also have to update their passwords periodically and set up recovery with the new LDS Account page.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

I have known a stake seminary teacher to be on the workforce system by mistake.

Return to “Church Account”