contacting the first presidency

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
cliffcoy

Re: contacting the first presidency

Post by cliffcoy »

but i dont want to talk to some i dont know on the computre i am try to make a appoment with the are 70 in my area of houston tx when we have a problem we work our self up the line so how can i get that info or you just put us off like the others that i read
daultman

Post by daultman »

How do you contact the first presidency? I would like to make some concerns known. While I support the first presidency and their decisions I do not think next year's plans are the best idea. My small branch barely has enough active members how to keep the doors open. We only have maybe six priesthood brother and half of them don't want to go ministry. The missionaries are trying very hard to get new members. But people just don't show up. Most people are going back to their Roots which in this area are strong Baptist or they're not going to church at all and no one from the church is actually pushing trying to get them to come back. Cutting out a 3rd hour will more than likely kill some of the smaller Branches like mine. In Mississippi and other areas of the south the Church of Jesus Christ of latter Day saints still is viewed as not a Christian Church. People are being swayed away from it and then not enough active members care enough to bring the members back to the flock. I think we need to focus more on that the new baptisms. My small branch has enough as I believe I mentioned to warrant getting a ward building built but average no more than 8 to 10 people every Sunday if we're lucky. Something is wrong there
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

daultman wrote:How do you contact the first presidency? I would like to make some concerns known. While I support the first presidency and their decisions I do not think next year's plans are the best idea. My small branch barely has enough active members how to keep the doors open.
The way to do that would be to voice the concerns to the presiding authority. They in turn can take it up with their presiding authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
daultman

Post by daultman »

Oh I did that today. They just looked at me like I was crazy and said maybe so but not will do anything about it. I'm talking like close to 200 people on the Roll only today 12 people showed up. It's crazy and we only have two missionaries for the whole area
michaelwaynehancock

Post by michaelwaynehancock »

I think the whole setup with trying to direct members to local authorities doesnt exactly work. When people have questions and someone in that line of authority is hindering you because they are what you are asking about, or they are stopping you from finding your answer. You kinda need to go a little higher then the stake president.
ttiffan

Post by ttiffan »

During talks and addresses to the church as a whole, I witness general authorities referencing communications they've received directly from the members of the church. There has to be a way to get in touch with them.
esamatti

Post by esamatti »

Local leaders have differing and contradictory opinions from unit to unit, often based on their political view. I want to talk to the Prophet.

Often in conference the Prophet will reference a letter from a member (where the correspondent's name is changed). How can I communicate with him like that. What made that member so special that they got to communicate directly?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've known general authorities to hand out business cards to those they interview to hear back on something discussed.

But the fact remains, the authoritative source is General Handbook 35.8.30. Take note of the last paragraph.
Members’ Communication with Church Headquarters
Members of the Church are discouraged from making telephone calls or writing letters to General Authorities about doctrinal issues or personal matters. With an ever-increasing Church membership, responding personally to these inquiries presents an almost insurmountable task and would make it difficult for General Authorities to fulfill the duties for which they alone are responsible. The General Authorities love the members of the Church and do not want them to feel that they are without the support and guidance they need. However, all things need to be done with wisdom and order.

The Lord has organized His Church so every member has access to a bishop or branch president and a stake, district, or mission president who serve as spiritual advisers and temporal counselors. By reason of their callings, these local leaders are entitled to the spirit of discernment and inspiration to enable them to counsel members within their jurisdiction.

Members who need spiritual guidance, have weighty personal problems, or have doctrinal questions should make a diligent effort, including earnest prayer and scripture study, to find solutions and answers themselves. Church members are encouraged to seek guidance from the Holy Ghost to help them in their personal lives and in their family and Church responsibilities.

If members still need help, they should counsel first with their bishop. If necessary, he may refer them to the stake president.

In most cases, correspondence from members to General Authorities will be referred back to their local leaders. Stake presidents who need clarification about doctrinal or other Church matters may write in behalf of their members to the First Presidency.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

After discussion in the moderator/administrator group, it was decided to lock this topic.

Return to “Church Account”