Verification for Child Account not working

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
dakirbys

Verification for Child Account not working

Post by dakirbys »

My son tried to create an account on LDS.org. It sent me an email with a verification link. I clicked it and it took me to the FamilySearch.org home page but didn't say anything else about it. When he tries to log in, it says the account hasn't been verified. If he tries to recover his username through LDS.org, it says this option is not available for this account and won't let him create an account (since he already has one).
klorn

Re: Verification for Child Account not working

Post by klorn »

I am having the same issue. I have clicked on the link. I have put in the number. I have resent the email. Nothing is working.
beeswing

Post by beeswing »

I'm having the exact same issue MULTIPLE times. I sent a help request and all I received was an email with directions for how to do what I had just done. Could there be a bug in the system?
sonicfray

Post by sonicfray »

I'm having the same issue! Help!
FTMom

Post by FTMom »

Same problem. I would have thought that if this arose back in July it would be resolved by now. Why does it happen to us still in Nov and even Dec? Please post something here explaining the steps to fix this for future readers, thanks.
KayBobNelson

Post by KayBobNelson »

STILL NO SOLUTION in October 2017 - I have the exact same issue - unable to complete the authorization step for my child's account.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

FTMom wrote:Please post something here explaining the steps to fix this for future readers, thanks.
This is a user-to-user forum, so unless someone else has made it work, there will not be an answer forthcoming here.

That said, an observant member in another topic said that if you do not use the text or email verification at all, the parent is subsequently asked to authenticate with their own information. You might try doing that.
jmavy

Post by jmavy »

Ongoing issue.

Return to “Church Account”