Protection Training login issues

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
segkdowning
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Protection Training login issues

Postby segkdowning » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:14 pm

My Church Account shows that it is linked with my MRN, but the training just keeps asking me to update it and won’t let me proceed unless I access the training without it being recorded. I did the training without it being recorded, hoping that there was a glitch, but it looks like it was not actually recorded. I tried doing it on my phone and then switched to a laptop. Neither my husband nor I can get it to recognize that our MRN is linked to our Church Account, so it won’t let us proceed past this screen. Our ward clerk doesn't know why.

Any ideas?
Attachments
67805802_10158694683377678_4508249032547631104_n.jpg
(58.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
segkd
stake social media specialist

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 7353
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Re: Protection Training login issues

Postby jdlessley » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:45 pm

If you were trying to do the training on Sunday it could possibly be related to church server overload. Try again on some other day of the week.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 2196
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah

Re: Protection Training login issues

Postby scgallafent » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:49 am

It looks like your Church Account is configured correctly. If you're still having issues, you may need to have your ward clerk contact the service center for assistance.

JeanShanley
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:35 pm

Re: Protection Training login issues

Postby JeanShanley » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:39 pm

Protection Training - I signed in and it showed MY name at the top but after the training at the very end - it had my Husbands name as having completed the training. He did his early in the day and mine was late at night same date. How do I get credit? I checked my account and the number on my Temple recommend is on my account.

rmrichesjr
Community Moderators
Posts: 2082
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:32 am
Location: Dundee, Oregon

Re: Protection Training login issues

Postby rmrichesjr » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:50 pm

JeanShanley wrote:Protection Training - I signed in and it showed MY name at the top but after the training at the very end - it had my Husbands name as having completed the training. He did his early in the day and mine was late at night same date. How do I get credit? I checked my account and the number on my Temple recommend is on my account.


Sometimes, the numbers on temple recommends can be written in error. To be really sure of your MRN, have your ward clerk or membership clerk print you an Individual Ordinance Summary.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 8855
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Protection Training login issues

Postby lajackson » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:01 pm

JeanShanley wrote:How do I get credit? I checked my account and the number on my Temple recommend is on my account.

Either there is a big bug in the system, or your husband's MRN is on your Church Account (and temple recommend).

Did your husband have the right name when he completed the training earlier in the day? If so, the training system is likely broken.

I would work with the clerk to make sure you have your correct number in place, and then have him put you in contact with the Global Service Center.

I would also ask the clerk to check and see if you actually got credit. Perhaps only the name at the end of the training displayed incorrectly.

garystroble
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Re: Protection Training login issues

Postby garystroble » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:06 am

Great idea about having the Ward Clerk check, but after a brief introduction where the Ward Clerk could see who had done the training, now it is pulled off our menu. Since some of the data was wrong or missing, perhaps they are fixing it. Or maybe there is another explanation?

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 8855
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Protection Training login issues

Postby lajackson » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:10 am

garystroble wrote:Since some of the data was wrong or missing, perhaps they are fixing it. Or maybe there is another explanation?

This is a user-to-user forum, so no one here really knows what is happening. You are the beneficiary of the experiences of others who have tried to complete the training.

Since this is a very new system, I am sure the developers are taking steps to correct any problems they see. You might also wish to send feedback through the Church website (use any page) to let them know there is a problem.

garystroble
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Re: Protection Training login issues

Postby garystroble » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:57 am

Feedback was already sent, but thank you for the suggestion. It could be that someone here does know what is happening, which is why I asked maybe there is another explanation.

Elaine63
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:09 pm

Re: Protection Training login issues

Postby Elaine63 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:15 pm

rmrichesjr wrote:
JeanShanley wrote:Protection Training - I signed in and it showed MY name at the top but after the training at the very end - it had my Husbands name as having completed the training. He did his early in the day and mine was late at night same date. How do I get credit? I checked my account and the number on my Temple recommend is on my account.


Sometimes, the numbers on temple recommends can be written in error. To be really sure of your MRN, have your ward clerk or membership clerk print you an Individual Ordinance Summary.


I, and many others, seem to be having the same problem. There is an obvious glitch in the system which no one seems to be able to correct. I have verified all numbers, the username and reset the password...still same problem!


Return to “Church Account”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest