Can parents speak to GSC for youth?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
buchancg

Can parents speak to GSC for youth?

Post by buchancg »

I'm the admin for the CES coordinator in my area, and with the new changes to seminary this year, and all of our classes having access to the online lessons - we've had a slew of youth with LDS account issues. At some point, I could have sworn I saw instructions that if the youth were older than 13 years old, then they would need to contact GSC themselves, rather than their parents. Am I dreaming or making that up? Somehow I can't find that information now that I'm actively looking for it.

I'm trying to make sure I give my stakes the correct information about account issues, because they're all in the process of taking the term-end assessment and accounts need to be used to do so.

(And yes, I've read all the posts that are pinned about duplicate accounts and MRN issues. I deal with them frequently. I'm not asking about that. I'm trying to verify if there is a policy that states youth over the age of 13 are responsible for resolving their own account issues.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can parents speak to GSC for youth?

Post by russellhltn »

Good question. I don't recall that issue coming up before. I suspect to get a good answer you'll have to call the support desk and ask them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmecantwin73

Re: Can parents speak to GSC for youth?

Post by nmecantwin73 »

buchancg wrote:...At some point, I could have sworn I saw instructions that if the youth were older than 13 years old, then they would need to contact GSC themselves, rather than their parents. Am I dreaming or making that up? Somehow I can't find that information now that I'm actively looking for it...
This is correct. It appears, as you have found, that this information is not stated anywhere on the account Help pages, as I am not seeing it, either. It is true that if a parent of a youth 13 or older calls/emails for the youth's account, the GSC will want to speak with the youth to, at least, verify their account. The representatives will be happy to assist the parent(s) after they have verified the youth.

Return to “Church Account”