Sign in/out problems

Ask questions and discuss topics of interest related to the FamilySearch wiki found at http://wiki.familysearch.org.

Moderator: ForbesMM

Thomas_Lerman

Sign in/out problems

Post by Thomas_Lerman »

Occasionally, I seem to have sign in/out problems. I am curious if others are experiencing at well. I can sign in to the Wiki and it tells me that I am signed in. I start browsing around or edit a page and suddenly it tells me I need to sign on to edit a page. I have not been inactive or signed on for an extended period of time. I try hitting the sign off button in the upper right corner and it does not seem to do anything. It seems that the sign off link below My Talk, etc. works most of the time.
Darris Williams-p40

Post by Darris Williams-p40 »

I had a problem about two weeks ago where I had been working on a document but when I tried to save it had to log in again. I reported it and there was some discussion about the time out setting but I don't know what has been done. I have not had the same problem since.

If it happens again be sure to report it through feedback and tech support. There may be another setting to adjust. Post here again with a few more details and maybe we can zero in on what is wrong.
The_Earl

Post by The_Earl »

The signin boxes at the top right have never worked for me in Firefox. The login page works ok.
Thomas_Lerman

Post by Thomas_Lerman »

After starting this thread, I have noticed, as The Earl mentioned, that the sign-in and sign-out in the upper corner rarely work (I am using IE). The one at the bottom of the left column seems to always work. It does not seem to be a timeout issue to me.
Darris Williams-p40

I talked with an engineer this morning about the sign in issue and apparently it had been tested and fixed on the test system but not pushed through to the production system. I just received this note:

"I have spoken with Brad and he gave me the go-ahead to move the skin to production. This has been done and login from the top bar seems to work correctly now."

If you still experience trouble using the login at the top of the screen let us know. Thanks for keeping this on the on our radar.
Thomas_Lerman

Post by Thomas_Lerman »

My pleasure. The next question I have would be when it is pushed through production? I will be able to try it out at that time. Actually, I just did a quick test and it seems to work so maybe it is in production now. I was hoping to see external links opening another window, but not yet.
The_Earl

Fixed for me

Post by The_Earl »

I noticed this morning that the login worked for me in Firefox.
Thanks
The Earl
Darris Williams-p40

The login fix was pushed through to production yesterday.

The issue of external links opening a new window has not been dealt with. I will check the task list to be sure it is still there and where it is prioritized.

Return to “FamilySearch Wiki”