LDSAccess SSID

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
Oliver84

LDSAccess SSID

Post by Oliver84 »

I use to think that LDSAccess was the "official" SSID for church buildings but reading the manual I see that you can actually have whatever SSID you want.

Do most chapels have LDSAccess as an SSID or are there other SSID's floating around in LDS Chapels?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDSAccess SSID

Post by russellhltn »

Oliver84 wrote:Do most chapels have LDSAccess as an SSID or are there other SSID's floating around in LDS Chapels?
Installing wireless was in phases: First was "prohibited", then "allowed at local unit's cost" and finally "church supplied".

Because of the "allowed at local unit's cost" phase, I'm sure there's some out there with non-standard SSID. But I haven't heard of anyone using a non-standard SSID with "church supplied" equipment.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Oliver84 wrote:I use to think that LDSAccess was the "official" SSID for church buildings but reading the manual I see that you can actually have whatever SSID you want.
Which "manual" are you referring to? The RKATS article Networking Overview says that the SSID is LDSAccess and says nothing about changing it.
Oliver84

Post by Oliver84 »

I can't find where I read that at but the link you provided seems pretty clear that LDSAccess is pretty much the standard. According to that, you can't even change the password. Sounds good then, thanks for the info!

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”