LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
davidrichey

Re: LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by davidrichey »

Can anyone tell us when this will be fixed or how to get this fixed? This has been an issue for some time now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davidrichey wrote:Can anyone tell us when this will be fixed or how to get this fixed? This has been an issue for some time now.
It may be awhile. The developers are aware of the issue, but they're backlogged.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geribrinley

Post by geribrinley »

I haven't had any calendar updates for a long time. What do I need to do? Also, I'm trying to find out the temple recommend interview schedule for ward and stake and I don't see it. Where do I go?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

geribrinley wrote:I haven't had any calendar updates for a long time. What do I need to do? Also, I'm trying to find out the temple recommend interview schedule for ward and stake and I don't see it. Where do I go?
For your temple recommend interview schedule, I'd recommend that you contact your ward executive secretary. He will know the ward schedule, and almost certainly also know the stake schedule. Those schedules may or may not be published on the LDS.org Calendar (different wards and stakes operate differently in this regard).
cgiddley

Post by cgiddley »

I just realized I'm having the same problem. I was supposed to receive an email reminder 16 days ago for a meeting that was to be held tonight, but I didn't. I was supposed to receive an email reminder yesterday for a task that I wanted to start working on tomorrow night, but I didn't. I did click just now on an event and requested an email reminder to be sent to myself now, and I did receive one, but reminders that are set up to be sent later don't seem to be working.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cgiddley wrote:I did click just now on an event and requested an email reminder to be sent to myself now, and I did receive one, but reminders that are set up to be sent later don't seem to be working.
My experience has been the same as yours and that of davidrichey a few posts earlier
Only the "Send Now" works, the "Send Later" ones are not being sent.
Except that I also find that sometimes the "Send Now" does not work. Usually it does, and at least I get immediate feedback. But I have never received a "Send Later" email under the new Calendar.
cgiddley

Post by cgiddley »

"Send later" used to work for me just fine until a couple of months ago, I'm now recognizing. It was very helpful to me. I hope someone can fix it.
diidu

Post by diidu »

russellhltn wrote: It may be awhile. The developers are aware of the issue, but they're backlogged.
It is good to know that the issue is recognized and in the backlog. Fixes to things that were found useful but stopped working are always more critrical than new features that no-one is used to using yet.
KeeNanJE

Post by KeeNanJE »

This is a problem I am having now, too...
thedavecole

Post by thedavecole »

This is exactly the problem I have been having as well.

Return to “Calendar”