Home Teaching info for Stake Presidency

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Home Teaching info for Stake Presidency

Post by lajackson »

kisaac wrote:my stake presidency requested hard copy lists of the home teaching assignments that he kept in his desk drawer for reference during various interviews, including temple recommends!
Because I can count on one hand the number of interviews I have had as a home teacher in the last 41 years, I am glad I have never had a stake president who kept this information in his desk drawer. I also happen to know from memory the temple recommend questions, so that would be an interesting side-bar portion of the visit if it were to come up in such an interview.

I understand how a stake president might wish to use the information. If he tried to use the information on me, I would kindly ask him who he would like to have train the ward leaders on data entry, me, him, or the stake clerk.

Not to mention the priesthood leader interview part. [smile]
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I can nearly count on my hands the number of visits I've had from a Home Teacher in nearly 20 years. :)
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

lajackson wrote:If he tried to use the information on me
I don't suppose he "used" the information "on" anyone. When people needed assistance, he wanted their assigned home teacher and ward leaders to be involved when appropriate...to move such things back to the ward level where attentive home teachers can work to assist their assigned families.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

My stake uses a monthly report which gathers a variety of stats about the quorum or group.

They do not gather who did or did not do home teaching, but rather they gather who was not visited one month and who was not visited two or more months consecutively. Usually the individual quorum leaders already know certain things, so only those names not visited are ever kept. The rest would be in LDS, it was in MLS, including some of the other stats like percentages and that stuff.

We just created a fillable form in Word, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice, and the secretary simply gathered the info from the group leadership, and filled in the document, then sent it to the bishop, the group leader, the ward clerk, and the high counselor assigned to the ward. The high counselor would then report on his assigned units during stake PEC.

Of course that's different from stake to stake how it's done but that said this is one example of what's being done already
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I was a bit interested when the new handbook (2010) removed the detail of reviewing HT data in PEC with the Bishop. I don't remember that the data was supposed to be reported to the High Councilman and reported in Stake PEC - I'm not sure what good that data would do in a Stake PEC. Seems like great data for a Bishop/Ward Council and potentially and item of review for a Stake President/Bishop regular PPI/interview.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I think my stake only uses it for activity reports, the bishop gets this same report and yes they do go over things in bishop's PPI's with the EQ president and the HPGL. I think it gives the stake president a better handle on where to focus efforts in encouraging home teaching, and similar matters.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”