Ipad Mini's for Missionaries

Seen something newsworthy about the technology that the Church uses? Let everyone else know by posting here.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Ipad Mini's for Missionaries

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:Not all missions around the world are getting iPads – so far the only areas mentioned have been the United States, . . .
And I live in a mission in the U.S. where iPads are not being used and not required for missionaries at the present time.
kennethgraff

Post by kennethgraff »

wen well the Colorado Denver north mission get them
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kennethgraff wrote:wen well the Colorado Denver north mission get them
I'd ask the mission president. I don't know as anyone here knows the schedule.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
karastucki

Post by karastucki »

Does anyone know if the missionary already has one, can it be configured accordingly (i.e. we send it to them to configure)? Or do they have to purchase one through the mission?
cregshaffer

Post by cregshaffer »

Son just received call and instructed bring a church configured device. How, where, do we purchase the iPad mini? Do they get it in the MTC? Or is it to be purchased prior?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cregshaffer wrote:Son just received call and instructed bring a church configured device. How, where, do we purchase the iPad mini? Do they get it in the MTC? Or is it to be purchased prior?
Are you sure you read that correctly? For missions that use iPad Minis, the iPad is given to the missionary when he/she arrives in the mission, and the iPad will already be set up correctly. There's no way you can purchase and set up the iPad on your own, so your son cannot "bring" a Church-configured device. The "purchase" that you need to make is simply to work with your ward clerk to make a payment to the ward to cover the cost that Church Headquarters will charge to your ward for the iPad.
mattkersey

Post by mattkersey »

My daughter on her iPad mission asked me to email her some church music to listen to on her iPad. I sent her some in mp3 format and she said those did not work. Do I need to send them in a different format or is the iPad restricted? She said other missionaries transferred some songs to her that work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I thought MP3 was pretty universal, but the ones you sent might have had some DRM (Digital Rights Management) that prevented them from being played.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tafollam

Post by tafollam »

When do we get the area book like the missionaries have?
mhinatsu

Post by mhinatsu »

Hello, I am a returned missionary.

I was able to keep my iPad mini after the mission; just updated to v10.1.1. In settings, it says the iPad is still supervised by Church of Jesus Christ of LDS. I have paid for the iPad in full, and I am wondering why it still says this. Is it still supervised, even though I now own it? Does anybody know? I haven't been able to get an answer on this.

Return to “In The News”