Sacrament Tray Filler

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
quadruplej

Pics or it didn't happen

Post by quadruplej »

I photographed the one I saw a couple years back. My googling turned up nothing but a trophy shop in West Valley and lofts for sale in the former MFG building.

This contraption is in Burbank, CA in the Sunset Grove building sacrament prep room. It is still used weekly AFAIK.

mevans

Post by mevans »

I've seen a device that hooks to the faucet, but never used one.

I found we could fill them pretty quickly just taking the top off the trays and running them under the water. It didn't take too long. You can google "communion cup filler" and see what's out there. It looks like many churches use a squeeze bottle, but I did see one device that would fill a round communion tray. It's been a long time since I've seen a round tray at an LDS church, but I've seen them once or twice in my life...nothing recent.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re:

Post by sbradshaw »

mevans wrote:You can google "communion cup filler" and see what's out there. It looks like many churches use a squeeze bottle, but I did see one device that would fill a round communion tray.
Looking through these makes me glad that we use water instead of wine – makes a lot less of a mess and we don't have to be super worried about wasting any that runs off into the sink...
MattOlander

Re: Sacrament Tray Filler

Post by MattOlander »

Our ward uses a great one.....the YM :)
Marscaleb

Post by Marscaleb »

We had one at the building I went to in Fairfield California. It connected to the faucet and would fill one half of the tray at a time. It didn't spray water everyone like someone described above; it was very reliable.

I'm trying to track one down. Seriously, does ANYONE know where to find one?
The ward I'm in now passes around twelve trays for the sacrament, and we could really use one.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Has anyone tried contacting the inventor, John U. Webster, at the address shown in the photo?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Bobgray1

Post by Bobgray1 »

The one you describe is called Quick-Fill Water Tray Filler . It was invented and produced by Elmer L. PERRY of Lagrande OR 97850.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I was at a ward a couple of weeks ago where they had solid white plastic sacrament cups – thick enough to be reusable. Has anyone else seen those? It was unexpected. At Store.LDS.org all I see is the clear plastic cups.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:I was at a ward a couple of weeks ago where they had solid white plastic sacrament cups – thick enough to be reusable.
Are they reusing them? If so, how do they clean them?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Not sure. It was a ward in Idaho I was visiting.

Return to “General Discussions”