Submit Current Newsletter Bugs and Issues Here!

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
mlmorris

Submit Current Newsletter Bugs and Issues Here!

Post by mlmorris »

Hi Friends,

I'm now managing the Newsletter feature on LDS.org.

I'm hoping to get any current bugs fixed quickly. Could you please let me know what current bugs or issues you are experiencing? This will help me separate current, ongoing issues from historical ones.

I will start a new topic for ideas for improvement to the Newsletter tool.

Thanks,
Michael L. Morris
Priesthood and Family Department
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Submit Current Newsletter Bugs and Issues Here!

Post by russellhltn »

Welcome! We love to hear from developers and decision-makers.

Just as a housekeeping note, we try to encourage participants to start a new thread for a new issue. Otherwise the entire section becomes one thread with too many things going on to keep it sorted out.

But I understand the desire to separate new/current issues from the old ones.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shannon.heward

Post by shannon.heward »

I keep getting a "Service Unavailable" error when trying to upload a pdf attachment. I've tried several times over the last week. Would you kindly look into the issue?
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

I am an administrator or ward assistant clerk and I have been posting our monthly hard copy News Letter online. I copy past or save in jpeg files to transferred the articles. this month and last after I had done about three articles I got this "Page does not exist or you do not have access." I log out take a break and come back and I am ok.
1968leocomeeatabite

Would be nice to have a pop up reminder that my session is to about time out. I then could hurry and save my work rather than later try to save it and realize that it is gone and I have to redo it all. I realize that we should draft it first and then past in out work, but sometimes you get caught in tech stuff and lose track of time.
AndreaGroen

Post by AndreaGroen »

I am experiencing the "ERROR Service Unavailable" message when trying to upload a PDF to the Newsletter section of my Ward's page. The first day I tried and received the error was on 4/10/2016.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.
1968leocomeeatabite

Couple of days ago I began drafting an article. Did not work. I got one phrase and tried to enter two images. It would not take the images. it would go to some unrelated screen and on and on. What a mess.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

When trying to expand the list of attachments for an article so that I can actually download one or more of the attachments, the list of attachments briefly opens and then immediately closes. So unless you're really quick and lucky, you have no opportunity to click the desired attachment and download it.

It's been a while since I tried to download an attachment, but I know this used to work.
woody55

Post by woody55 »

i am a Stake Clerk and suppose to have admin rights, but in Newsletter, our stake newsletter is no longer visible, only my home ward. Our stake admin, person assigned, and normally post the stake newsletters, brought this to my attention this morning, so after I tried to access, I had the same problem, what goes on, is there a bug in the system?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I am a stake clerk and was able to access our stake newsletter just now... Sounds like your problem may be a local issue....

Return to “Newsletter”