Video freeze

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Video freeze

Post by russellhltn »

Yesterday's women's session was the first real test of our new Cisco boxes. During the 90 minutes program, I noticed a number of lost frames of video freeze followed by a skip to catch up. I saw it both on the main English channel and the ASL channel. Normally, it only affected the video, but at least once it got the audio as well. I've never noticed this on the old system.

The freeze/skip is short - perhaps a half second. But it is noticeable if you're watching the screen.

I'm wondering if this is a problem on our end or if there was something wrong with the feed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pete.arnett

Re: Video freeze

Post by pete.arnett »

Will video freeze information be provide in Technology Manager (TM) Usage Statistics ?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

pete.arnett wrote:Will video freeze information be provide in Technology Manager (TM) Usage Statistics ?
Since it was a satellite broadcast, probably not.
enelson5

Post by enelson5 »

I've noticed these video glitches or lost frames with the new Cisco decoder box too! I observed about seven glitches during President Uchtdorf's Priesthood session talk this evening (Oct 2016). No audio glitches have accompanied the video glitches yet.
enelson5

Post by enelson5 »

I spoke too soon. Just observed a 1 second freeze during Elder Eyring's talk that included audio disturbance too!
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I posted similar findings in this other thread,,,
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 16#p160116
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kreeve

Post by kreeve »

Video freezes here during 1 October 2016 priesthood session. At least 2 of them.

Could be on the transmission side.

Return to “Satellite”