Lesson Schedules Discountinued 2017

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
wrigjef

Re: Lesson Schedules Discountinued 2017

Post by wrigjef »

Two questions:

Does the calander on LDS.org support links?

Can you post a document, with links, to Facebook?
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

wrigjef wrote:Two questions:
Does the calander on LDS.org support links?
Can you post a document, with links, to Facebook?
1. Calendar doesn't support link.
2. Any Word Processor Software provide for a link field.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I understand that most word processing programs support links.

My question is can I take one of those documents and post it to Facebook?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wrigjef wrote:My question is can I take one of those documents and post it to Facebook?
I think a better question is even if you could, how many people would be able to find it? From what I'm seeing, depending on how the entity is formed, there is a "files" area. But I'm not sure how many Facebook users would know to look there. Everyone knows "the wall", but something posted there will quickly sink to the bottom under newer posts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Thanks for your help. I will search for the "Files" area. I suspect it will be easier to point people to a files area on our Facebook page than to a tool on LDS.org that no longer exists.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ibapah wrote:Somewhere some manual says that you are to skip a lesson rather than slip the whole schedule when Stake Conference happens.
I think this is decided on a ward or stake basis. If that were the case, then the Church could post a standardized schedule online that would apply to all wards. The reason each ward's schedule can be different is because of shifting lessons forward at different times.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Fernandes.Pedro

Post by Fernandes.Pedro »

Please enable this tool again. Several families used to study, to know what lesson the family members were studying. The "print" calendar function was also useful for those less adapted in technology.
mfeagai

Post by mfeagai »

Aloha, I'm also disappointed that I'm not able to access the 2017 lesson schedule. This has been a great way to keep the wards in our YSA Stake on track. That is one of the wonderful things about the organized church is knowing that all over the world, we are teaching and learning he same thing. I can imagine 1000s of wards/stakes across the world setting up/formatting their own schedules. I know there must be a really good reason for discontinuing. Thank you for letting us voice our concerns. Mahalo-
dpicken

Re: Lesson Schedules Discontinued 2017

Post by dpicken »

In the meantime I have set up my class in a Google spreadsheet. You may want to take a look (although the texts are in German and the links go to the German versions of the lessons etc.)
The actual URL is about two miles long, so I used a short URL to publish it, also created by a Goole tool. Here's the short link: https://goo.gl/ssT3x7
dtolputt

Post by dtolputt »

I don't read the Book of Mormon does that mean that the whole church is going to stop using the Book of Mormon ?

Return to “Lesson Schedules”