SUGGESTION Report: Ordination Report

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
sjhayes86

SUGGESTION Report: Ordination Report

Post by sjhayes86 »

In most wards, the Birthday List is a very well used list where, mainly the Relief Society use this list to send Birthday Cards. For some time, I have thought and it has been brought to my attention that we could use something similar for ordinations.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if we send out cards or some form of communication that reminded members, (especially those who do not worship with us) of their Baptism & Confirmation, or Endowed or Sealing anniversary card?

I am currently working on designs for these cards/communications, but I cannot find a report that would give me the Baptism, Confirmation, Endowment, or Sealing Dates that I need. Can I suggest that a report called 'Ordination Report' be created in the 'Reports' section. Like other reports, address, age and household could be filters.

If someone could contact me from LDS Tech or if other uses think this is a good idea, please support this and I can help this be created.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: SUGGESTION Report: Ordination Report

Post by rmrichesjr »

For clarification, this is a user-to-user support forum. While a few Church employees drop in from time to time, this is not an official support channel.

In earlier decades, I seem to recall one of the earlier tools (MIS, FIS, or MLS) might have had a custom reports feature, but I don't know of such a feature in current tools. While I understand development resources are pretty busy with existing projects, to submit an official feature request, I would suggest using the 'Feedback' button on the most relevant LCR page. Or, you could talk with your stake president and ask him to submit the request.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: SUGGESTION Report: Ordination Report

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not so sure as that would be a good idea. Baptism/Confirmation is used as a security question in creating a LDS Account. Wither or not someone is endowed is considered sensitive information. With the exception of marriage, I can't say as I've known of anyone to celebrate their ordinance anniversary.

Personally, I'd feel more disturbed than flattered to get such a card.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”