Find a member

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jtyewhit

Find a member

Post by jtyewhit »

We have a long-time inactive member in our ward, and she doesn't know where her record is.
I have a name and birthdate, but nothing else. I'm a stake clerk and don't seem to be able to use the membership tools (it appears only ward clerks can?)

How do I go about finding this member's record? Or do I need to turn this over to a ward clerk who has access to the right tools?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Find a member

Post by russellhltn »

I would determine what ward she should be in based on where she's living, and then turn it over to that ward clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jtyewhit wrote:We have a long-time inactive member in our ward, and she doesn't know where her record is.
I have a name and birthdate, but nothing else. I'm a stake clerk and don't seem to be able to use the membership tools (it appears only ward clerks can?)

How do I go about finding this member's record? Or do I need to turn this over to a ward clerk who has access to the right tools?
If she lives in your ward, just give her name, birthdate, and current address to your ward clerk or assistant clerk-membership and ask them to request her record. It doesn't matter where her record is. They only need her name and birthdate to request her record but I always recommend getting a good address/phone so the ward can minister to her.
jtyewhit

Post by jtyewhit »

Thank you.

Return to “Membership Help”