New Member Tools mobile app Ver 3.6.0

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
JRP1975

New Member Tools mobile app Ver 3.6.0

Post by JRP1975 »

On the new Member tools ver 3.6.0 mobile app it appears that it cannot be used on older Ipad minis. The IOS on my mini is 9.3.5 and it is the last update it can use. Is there going to be a future fix for this or am I looking at having to buy a new device to use the Member tools app. The older tools app loads up but had a message "Down for Maintenance" Thanks, hoping someone can address this.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: New Member Tools mobile app Ver 3.6.0

Post by sbradshaw »

The minimum iOS version for the latest version of Member Tools is iOS 11. There aren't any plans that I know of for adding back support for older devices (it's never been done for other Church apps). The latest version of Gospel Library also requires iOS 11, and Sacred Music requires iOS 10.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:There aren't any plans that I know of for adding back support for older devices
From what I understand, Apple's policies makes that difficult, if not impossible.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JRP1975

Post by JRP1975 »

Ok thanks for the info, dang technology, always having to spend money on it to stay current. I would dare say there's alot of people out there throwing older devices into the closet.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Older devices are fine to use as toys. Just wipe and "factory default" them, and just use them to play media or games, as long as you never enter any login credentials into them. Unsupported devices are a hacker's playground, easily exploitable.
I use an ancient iPod as an attendance counter at church, and nothing more.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JRP1975 wrote:I would dare say there's alot of people out there throwing older devices into the closet.
Both in and out of the church.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”