Member not found

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
RudyMontes69

Member not found

Post by RudyMontes69 »

My wife who is 2nd RS councilor asked me to contact a member so I went to the directory to get her number. but I could not locate it. After some investigation, we found out that she shows up in everyone elses directory but not mine. I even deleted the app and re-installed it but she still does not show up. Can someone please help? Oh, I have synced to directory and her name does not show up on either the mobile app or laptop.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Member not found

Post by lajackson »

RudyMontes69 wrote:After some investigation, we found out that she shows up in everyone elses directory but not mine.
My guess is that the privacy settings are not set to the ward level, and that she shows up for your wife because of her calling in the RS presidency, but that you do not have a leadership calling in the ward that allows you to see her.

I would also guess that "everyone else" you checked with (RS or EQ presidency, bishopric, clerks, etc.) also see her because of their leadership positions, but that she is still hidden from most members.

Your clerk can quickly check to see how her privacy setting are set. In the meantime, your wife will just have to give you the information you need to do what she has asked you to do.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:My guess is that the privacy settings are not set to the ward level,
The options for visibility is Stake, Ward, and "leadership only". "Leadership" in this context would mean a member of the ward council (as defined by the Handbook) or stake presidency.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RudyMontes69

Post by RudyMontes69 »

My calling is ward emergency preparedness coordinator so I should be able to contact all ward members should a disaster strikes our area like the recent quakes in the area last week.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RudyMontes69 wrote:My calling is ward emergency preparedness coordinator so I should be able to contact all ward members should a disaster strikes our area
Privacy is a legal issue. The church isn't free to hand out personal information to everyone who thinks they should have it. Only those have a calling defined in the church Handbook as having responsibility for individual members has access to that information.

Looking though the Handbooks, I'm unable to find your calling. In Handbook 1: 5.2.11, The bishopric and ward council is charged with coming up with an emergency plan. Status reports are to come from quorum leaders who in turn should be receiving them from ministering brothers. I question if the ward leadership is able to delegate this responsibility. As such, unless someone can find a relevant section of the Handbook, it would appear that your role is limited to helping the ward council. If they want you to contact members, then they need to be made aware of the limitations of your situation. Not that they can change it, but to adjust the responsibilities accordingly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

As an option to consider, our emergency preparedness coordinator coordinates emergency preparedness activities (training, activities to help members assemble a 72-hr kit, etc). We rely on the ministering elders and ministering sisters to be the contact arm in the event of an emergency - they have access to the contact information both directions and should already have a relationship with those among whom they minister.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”