Patriarchal Blessing Inquiry

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
coriidor5

Patriarchal Blessing Inquiry

Post by coriidor5 »

[*] I'm a missionary, currently serving in New York. One of the people I'm teaching is an inactive member of a long time. He's interested in seeing his Patriarchal Blessing, but there's one roadblock.
He doesn't remember if he even got one.
It's been 30~ years, and there are no recollections of it in his family. He vaguely remembers maybe getting one, but we can't check if he has had one or not. He doesn't remember anything about the information the request page asks when you request a copy.

He has his membership number, and would love to receive and/or read his blessing. How can we know he's had one, and how can we get it to him?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Patriarchal Blessing Inquiry

Post by lajackson »

coriidor5 wrote:He doesn't remember if he even got one.
It's been 30~ years, and there are no recollections of it in his family.
He should provide whatever information he has and let the Church look for it. He should include the location where he lived during that time.

And if they cannot find it, he should visit with his bishop about the possibility of receiving a blessing from the current stake patriarch.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

coriidor5 wrote:He has his membership number, and would love to receive and/or read his blessing.
I'd suggest he create a Church Account using his MRN. Then on the main site, churchofjesuschrist.org, he can go and request his Patriarchal Blessing.

There's no provision for anyone else to retrieve the blessing in behalf of a living member.

From what I understand, the blessings are all on paper and are being computerized on-demand. As such, it's not as simple as making a phone call to find out if he has one. Someone has to dig though the filing cabinets.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I'd suggest he create a Church Account using his MRN. Then on the main site, churchofjesuschrist.org, he can go and request his Patriarchal Blessing.
Since "[h]e doesn't remember anything about the information the request page asks when you request a copy," I suspect he has done that already. I think he just needs to go ahead and request a copy online with the information he has. I have seen blessings found with less information. It just takes a little longer.

Return to “General Discussions”