Ward budget reports in LCR

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
davesudweeks

Re: Ward budget reports in LCR

Post by davesudweeks »

@bayless. When you print an organization budget summary report, it will show the original budget amount, income, expenses, transfers, balance, and % spent (year to date as of the day the report was generated). You can print for all organizations on one page or for a single organization.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

bayless wrote:Are the budget reports you send from LCR showing the balance still available? I don't see that when I look at individual organization budget reports. That's usually the item of greatest concern.
I just checked and the budgets for individual organization reports are still available. Is there a specific report you were looking for but did not find? Note that the Other:AMFA categories are not budget categories and are not yet available. To get those reports will require going into MLS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

bayless wrote:Are the budget reports you send from LCR showing the balance still available? I don't see that when I look at individual organization budget reports. That's usually the item of greatest concern.
Yes it is showing assigned budget, spent, and remaining. I send them the detailed version of the report.
t0008sa

Post by t0008sa »

jdlessley wrote:
I just checked and the budgets for individual organization reports are still available. Is there a specific report you were looking for but did not find? Note that the Other:AMFA categories are not budget categories and are not yet available. To get those reports will require going into MLS.
You can get the Other:AMFA by going to:
LCR
Finance
Overview
Click on the Arrow in front of Other.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

t0008sa wrote:
jdlessley wrote:
You can get the Other:AMFA by going to:
LCR
Finance
Overview
Thanks for the tip! I looked and just noticed someone put an donation into an 'other' category that I suspect is wrong as that category hasn't been used forever. I'll clean that. Thanks for pointing this out since it is a bit buried. I had to click one more item to get to "income and expense summary".
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

t0008sa wrote:You can get the Other:AMFA by going to:
LCR
Finance
Overview
LCR > Finance > Overview > Income and Expense Details > category: Other > Authorized Member-Financed Activities > [unit subcategory]

The Other:AMFA details reports available in LCR is not quite what is available in MLS. It is good however that you can at least see what the beginning balance was at the beginning of the year and the balance to a specified date as well as expense reimbursements. But donations made through MLS are not directly viewable in the report. To get that information the batch file number must be clicked. This makes the report less than what auxiliary leaders need and want. For the most part they want to see who has made their contributions for the event as well as the standing balance for the category. If headquarters can just get the same detailed report that is available in MLS then the auxiliary leaders would be happy. As it is MLS must still be used to send a detail summary report for Other:AMFA categories to auxiliary leaders.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

Noticed the Budget Reports now in LCR. Looks like the amounts setup in MLS have come across, but how do you update/change anything in LCR?

Can't see any place to do anything other than view the current year report.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Click Budget (between Transfers and Participants).
If you have an appropriate calling, you should then see three tabs:
Budget Summary
Assign Budget
Manage Categories
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

Nope, I am looking at Unit Leader/Clerk permissions (I am the Bishop) and see only one tab called Budget Summary.

Looking at the drop down list everyone else is an Organisation president so looks like Leader/Clerk would be the highest permission.

Maybe because we are in Australia? I did notice any category with nothing spent showed a USD prefix on the total in the Category detail when you click on a category name.

Any other ideas?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I'm a unit leader in the USA, and when I click "Budget", it defaults to the "Unit Leader / Clerk" menu option, and I see the three tabs drepouille describes. Selecting any of the other menu options, I then only see tabs for "Budget Summary" and "Payment Request". Not certain what others are seeing, but at least this is my current experience.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”