Teradek video does not always start

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
danpass

Re: Teradek video does not always start

Post by danpass »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:I was not aware I could do that in the Teradek.
I don't remember if I did that from the web interface or the VidiU Android app. I do remember that each has some features that don't work or are not available in the other.
In case someone sees this discussion and wants to set a static IP address on the VidiU device, in addition to the web interface and the app, it can also be done from the front panel of the device itself.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If I change it on the Teradek (either at the box or through the interface) it is also asking for the mask and the gateway addresses. I know the IP address I want, but not the others.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That can be found in TM on the main page for the Firewall.

Typical for user zone would be:
Mask: 255.255.252.0 (watch out for that 3rd octet. It's NOT 255).
Gateway: 192.168.108.1
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Thanks.
johnv

Post by johnv »

If you assign a static IP through the TM and include the MAC address, you should not need to manually assign it in the Teradek, the router should assign it automatically each time it boots for you, just an FYI.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnv wrote:If you assign a static IP through the TM and include the MAC address, you should not need to manually assign it in the Teradek, the router should assign it automatically each time it boots for you, just an FYI.
Yes, but I prefer to put it in the Teradek manually. That way, there's no lease that needs to be renewed in the middle of the broadcast.

At one time I had a home router that didn't play well with my computer. The IP lease was only for one hour and I'd have connection issues when it went to renew. Granted, that was years ago on different equipment, but I don't like taking chances.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
m0smith

Post by m0smith »

The Teradek said Ready. I held the red button down and it popped up a menu to start broadcasting. I selected yes and that did the trick.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”