Keeping track - Protecting Children & Youth Training

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lehiman

Re: Keeping track - Protecting Children & Youth Training

Post by lehiman »

I did not see any Cub Scout Den leaders or assistant Den Leaders (Wolf Den, Bear Den, Webelos Scouts) on the report. Are the cub scout den leaders going to be added to the report?
Thank you.
lehiman

Post by lehiman »

Is there a way to show others on the report (anyone who has taken the training) that do not have a calling that requires the training, such has parents of youth (as suggested in the original August 16th letter from the Priesthood and Family Department)?
Thank you.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

lehiman wrote:Is there a way to show others on the report (anyone who has taken the training) that do not have a calling that requires the training, such has parents of youth (as suggested in the original August 16th letter from the Priesthood and Family Department)?
Thank you.
I don't think so. I took the training as ward clerk but do not show. My wife took the training - she is stake primary president. She does not show on the ward report and I have no access to see if she shows on a stake report - as a stake leader whose primary role is to work with the primary presidencies, she may not be required.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

lehiman wrote:I did not see any Cub Scout Den leaders or assistant Den Leaders (Wolf Den, Bear Den, Webelos Scouts) on the report. Are the cub scout den leaders going to be added to the report?
Thank you.
Since there will be no cub scout leaders after 12/31/2019 and since cub scout leaders are already covered under the BSA training, I would expect it was not coded into the process. I am just a clerk in Oklahoma and have no special insight into this or what is going on in SLC, but given the announced changes it would be logical to not waste programming resources on callings that are being eliminated.
larry19810

Post by larry19810 »

In our ward, the Cub Scout and Boy Scout leaders including committee members are showing on the list of people required to do training. Also youth class presidents who are over 18 (but still in high school).
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

larry19810 wrote:In our ward, the Cub Scout and Boy Scout leaders including committee members are showing on the list of people required to do training. Also youth class presidents who are over 18 (but still in high school).
There was an update made this week to LCR that fixed the bug that was not including some Cub Scout leaders.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

larry19810 wrote:In our ward, the Cub Scout and Boy Scout leaders including committee members are showing on the list of people required to do training. Also youth class presidents who are over 18 (but still in high school).
Both of these groups are required to complete the training.

Return to “General Discussions”