Youth Protection link

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
meareed

Youth Protection link

Post by meareed »

I completed the Youth Protection training online last night, and at the end, it noted my completion. Then my husband went on to complete his Youth Protection. He logged out of my account and into his account. He completed the training, but at the end, it note his completion, in my name! Thinking he maybe didn't really get out of my account. He closed that window, and opened it again, and logged into his account, and completed the Youth Protection, a second time, and again - it noted the completion, in my name. He happens to be a branch president, so he knew where the report was to verify who had taken the training in our branch. He is not listed as having completed the training, even though he has done it - two times. We moved to a different device, not my ipad, and we tried it 2 more times, always closing windows, logging out, etc. Obviously, he is logged into his account because he can get into the leader resources part to check the report status of those having taken the training.

Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Youth Protection link

Post by russellhltn »

In this thread, a number of people are saying they're having trouble. However, I think yours is the first to say it came up under the wrong name.

I sounds like the program is retrieving the wrong cookie.

You could try clearing the cache and cookies or using a different browser or computer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I think yours is the first to say it came up under the wrong name.
No, there have already been other similar reports. But russellhltn is the first to suggest it may be a problem with cookies or the cache.

If you are able to clear the usual suspects (cookies, cache, etc.) and make it work, I think it would be helpful if you reported that success back here.
jrglasgow

Post by jrglasgow »

you could also try using an Incognito or Privacy mode window.
gwyndion

Post by gwyndion »

How do I take the Church's training for youth protection. It takes me in constant circles. Much like BSA training. I have no problem logging in, after doing a correct username and password, but, it takes me nowhere from there.
Aurie19

Post by Aurie19 »

My husband and I both have to take the training. I created my own account so I show as doing the training. For some reason it shows my husband taking it 3 times and myself 0!
Is there a reason why our account would still be connected?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Aurie19 wrote:My husband and I both have to take the training. I created my own account so I show as doing the training. For some reason it shows my husband taking it 3 times and myself 0!
You're going to have to wait for the problem to be fixed. Then we'll know what you need to do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Aurie19 wrote:... it shows my husband taking it 3 times and myself 0!
How did you see this information?
Thanks,
D.G.
outdoorjak

Post by outdoorjak »

Aurie19 wrote:My husband and I both have to take the training. I created my own account so I show as doing the training. For some reason it shows my husband taking it 3 times and myself 0!
My husband and I are having the same issue. We have reported the issue!
brycehanks

Post by brycehanks »

We have been trying to get all in the ward who need the training to get it done. We have had several who say they did it and got a message that they were successful---but they show up on the report as "past due". Some had to do it again before it registered on the report. Suggestions??

Return to “Church Account”