Tools Access

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
derekrsmith

Tools Access

Post by derekrsmith »

The advisors to the Aaronic Priesthood Quorums in our ward do not have access to the youth in their specific quorum in the tools app. How can they get access?
eblood66

Re: Tools Access

Post by eblood66 »

Assuming they have been correctly entered as advisers using the standard callings and have waited at least 24 hours since the calling was entered, there isn't anything else you can do. Access is based solely on calling and there is no way of customizing it. As far as I know, only presidencies have additional access above what is provided to all members of the ward. That's certainly the case for LCR. There isn't an access table available for Member Tools but it usually follows LCR.

The only thing you can do otherwise is to submit feedback using the Feedback link in LCR, Member Tools or churchofjesuschrist.org and make a request to change the access policy. The general authorities involved do occasionally review the policies and access has been expanded in the past. But there is no guarantee that will happen or when.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd review the responsibilities of the advisers outlined in the Handbook. If their role is to advise the leaders and not responsible for the individual members, they will not be given access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I'd review the responsibilities of the advisers outlined in the Handbook. If their role is to advise the leaders and not responsible for the individual members, they will not be given access.
They are to help the YM presidency in their responsibilities which include among other things getting to know the young men, teach quorum meetings and assist with activities all of which include interaction with the youth of the quorum. Having access to names of those in the quorum is definitely appropriate. Whether they need access to more sensitive information (like birth dates) is a bigger question.

My guess is that the YM presidency has access to slightly more than the general authorities feel advisers need but it hasn't been enough priority to create another level of access. But that's just my guess without any real information.

Return to “Member Tools”