Weekly Sacrament attendance App

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Re: Weekly Sacrament attendance App

Post by drepouille »

That's why I have adopted the stance of "physical attendance in meetings means nothing". We should be measuring activity level, not attendance, as those two factors are not necessarily related.

For example, your ward may have 50 young men. How many of those young men do the YM presidency consider to be "active" members?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Mottzzz wrote:So, here's a tangent...
Are we supposed to be taking sacrament attendance counts every Sunday? I've only been doing it every three months for quarterly report. I figured if it doesn't have to go in a report, then why bother? I guess unless just as an FYI for the bishop, or something.
Technically, we only need to collect average sacrament attendance for the last month of each quarter. Knowing myself, I record it every week because I would forget to do it the last month of the quarter if I didn't do it every week...

There is a whole other possible discussion about what is more useful and how it could be used, but that would be for another thread. This thread was about an app to collect the information and my post was simply the "app" we use, which is a pen and paper.
confuzedmale

Post by confuzedmale »

Another tangent: do you count those that are home bound but you take sacrament to?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

confuzedmale wrote:Another tangent: do you count those that are home bound but you take sacrament to?
The report instructs to count each individual who attended sacrament meeting. The bishop and stake president are responsible for determining how to interpret policy but the statement is pretty straightforward.
redruss91

Post by redruss91 »

The church actually just came out with an official notice regarding this:
A policy change has been made for the way sacrament meeting attendance is recorded and reported. Beginning on January 1, 2020, ward and branch clerks will begin counting sacrament meeting attendance each week and will record it electronically using Church record-keeping tools.

When recording sacrament meeting attendance, clerks will continue to count all individuals who attend. This includes nonmembers and members who may be visiting. Members of the ward or branch who attend a different sacrament meeting are counted in the meeting they attend.

To assist ward and branch clerks, new features have been added to Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) and Member Tools. Bishopric and branch presidency members, clerks, and assistant clerks have access to them by clicking or tapping on Sacrament Meeting Attendance under the Reports menu.

For the quarterly report, the average sacrament meeting attendance (Line 7) will be calculated automatically based on the attendance recorded each week in the new features. The average will no longer be based on attendance during the last month of the quarter only, but will include all weeks within the quarter. Attendance updates may only be made to the current quarter and the previous quarter.
So as of January 1st, you will be able to do this straight from the LDS Tools app.
KOKOETESMART

Post by KOKOETESMART »

30 may 2021
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Please do not report attendance here. This is just a discussion forum.

Return to “Membership Help”