Download Saints, Vol 2 for Kindle

Use this forum to share and discuss ideas that do not fall into a specific audiovisual media type.
donlambson

Download Saints, Vol 2 for Kindle

Post by donlambson »

I am a novice Kindle user.
Not sure if Saints, Vol 2 is available for Kindle yet.
I can see it and hear it on the church's site, but
Im not seeing an option to download a pdf or such.

thanks.
Don;)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Download Saints, Vol 2 for Kindle

Post by russellhltn »

Do you have the Gospel Library app? Is it the current version?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Saints Vol 2 is available on the current Android version of Gospel Library (I'm on Android 9), but only chapters 1-4. If I recall correctly, the individual chapters were going to be released one at a time until the entire volume was available so only part of the book in Gospel Library looks correct.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm guessing that Saints Volume 2 will be released on Kindle (like Volume 1) after the full book has been published in Gospel Library.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

sbradshaw wrote:I'm guessing that Saints Volume 2 will be released on Kindle (like Volume 1) after the full book has been published in Gospel Library.
I could be mistaken, but wasn't volume 1 all released at once on all devices? When the notice that came out that Volume 2 would be released chapter by chapter, I don't recall ever seeing that method before with church books.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Volume 1 was also released incrementally, for the first few chapters, then the full book was published. See Saints: A New History of the Church:
Volume 1, The Standard of Truth, 1815–1846 will be released on September  4, 2018, in the Gospel Library app, online at saints.lds.org, and in print. ... Chapters from this new series began to appear in the February 2018 issues of the Ensign and Liahona magazines. The first few chapters are currently available in the Gospel Library app. (June 18, 2018)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

What I have found interesting this time (I did not check with Volume 1) is that the printed version of the Ensign does not include the complete chapter. The online version had several more paragraphs than my paper copy. I discovered this because my printed copy of Volume 2, Chapter 1 actually arrived before any of the online versions were available, which was a modern day marvel in and of itself.

Return to “General Media Discussions”