Temple section on member tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
delindajoyabbott

Temple section on member tools

Post by delindajoyabbott »

The temple section on member tools is blank. I have no access to any temple information. How do I fix this? I have uninstalled and installed many times.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Temple section on member tools

Post by jdlessley »

This has been an issue since early August. See the "Temples have disappeared?" thread. I did not check after a couple of weeks of the first disappearance in August until earlier this week. Since I did not see anything then I am guessing the issue is still on-going. I am not sure if this is a new occurrence or not.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
danpass

Post by danpass »

I don't access the Temples section often, but happened to do so today. It is working fine for me.

App version 3.6.1 (101039.8)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I have the same version. After syncing there is nothing. I even signed out to delete all data, signed in, and synced again - still nothing.
After a third, fourth, fifth, and sixth sync I got the "Tools Services are unavailable. Please try again later." error message. So it looks like I won't know whether there is a real problem or just continuous church server errors until I try on successive days until something other than server errors show up.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

danpass wrote:I don't access the Temples section often, but happened to do so today. It is working fine for me.
It may be working on cached data. I also could see Temples, util I cleared the data and synced again.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I had seen it blank before, but I synced on Thursday and checking today I again have temple data.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I still have nothing.
JD Lessley
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:I still have nothing.
Same here.

From prior experience, if Tools has Temple data, it won't lose it in a sync. But if it doesn't have the data, it won't arrive in a sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

So has this issue been addressed? I haven't had temple data for months now. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still have nothing.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The developers have fixed the issue. You will need to sync to get the data.
JD Lessley

Return to “Android Member Tools App”