General Conference Podcast Link Broken

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
dtedman

General Conference Podcast Link Broken

Post by dtedman »

About a month ago the general conference podcast disappeared from my podcast player. I have since tried to re-subscribe using the link on the Podcasts/RSS feeds page (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/med ... s?lang=eng) but it looks like the link is no longer working.

http://feeds.lds.org/lds-general-conference-mp3-eng

I'm hoping this has to do with the URL referencing LDS, but I have tried replacing it with churchofjesuschrist.org and it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions? I have a long commute and like listening to General Conference through podcasts. There are other podcasts that have the whole sessions but I like the individual speakers so I can get right to the talks without the music.

I have looked at the Mormon Channel but the interface doesn't work for me when I'm in a car.

I
dhsundwall

Re: General Conference Podcast Link Broken

Post by dhsundwall »

Wanted to re-up this, Will this be fixed for this Conference?
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

I have not found an answer to this. You might try the feedback link on the site. There are some podcasts here:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/ins ... s?lang=eng

Gospel Library can do audio and video of past conference sessions. You might have already considered that. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There's also the Gospel Media app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ranfordb

Post by ranfordb »

None of the existing apps support the Apple Watch. The podcasts are my go to running material, but that's broken now that the podcasts aren't available. Theres the KSL podcast, but it doesn't include the womens session, which was great and Id like to continue to review the messages there.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ranfordb wrote:None of the existing apps support the Apple Watch. The podcasts are my go to running material, but that's broken now that the podcasts aren't available. Theres the KSL podcast, but it doesn't include the womens session, which was great and Id like to continue to review the messages there.
MP3s of General Conference can be downloaded to your computer from the Church website: Go to General Conference page, tap the three dots next to the session title, and choose "Download Audio – Session."

After downloading the MP3s, you can use iTunes (or the Books or Music app on macOS Catalina) to transfer the MP3s to your iPhone. Finally, from the Books or Music app on your iPhone, you can sync them to your Apple Watch (see Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
slothdog

Post by slothdog »

Pretty much all of the podcast links are broken now. The "feeds.lds.org" domain no longer resolves so none of the audio feed links on this page work. Earlier this week all of the episode download links from the Saints Channel -> Podcasts -> Series list (such as this ) stopped working as well. It would be a shame if all these old podcasts episodes just disappeared; there is a lot of good, timeless content in there.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

slothdog wrote:Pretty much all of the podcast links are broken now. The "feeds.lds.org" domain no longer resolves so none of the audio feed links on this page work. Earlier this week all of the episode download links from the Saints Channel -> Podcasts -> Series list (such as this ) stopped working as well. It would be a shame if all these old podcasts episodes just disappeared; there is a lot of good, timeless content in there.
The audio feed links still don't work, but the episode download links are back up.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jonathan.s.terry

Post by jonathan.s.terry »

I've used podnoms to easily build my own general conference feed. Not ideal, I prefer it to needing to use apps other than my podcatcher.
mindi.martin

Post by mindi.martin »

I'd be interested in having this podcast link fixed! I also really liked when it would have it as a podcast with individual speakers (in addition to the whole session at once). The one on KSL doesn't include the women's session either.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”