"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
KarenWalker1960

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by KarenWalker1960 »

As a stake relief society president how can I send a message to all the sisters in the stake. I currently do not have the send message link
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

If you don’t have the option then it would be good to write your message in an email and send it to the Stake clerk and ask him to send it out.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I suspect this is related to the issue:

From the Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) FAQs
Why do stake and auxiliary leaders and high councilors have only limited access to LCR?
Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
If you're not responsible for individual relief society members, it makes sense you wouldn't have access to a tool to send messages to them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jsorens6

Post by jsorens6 »

Does anyone else have trouble with PDF attachments not opening properly when utilizing the send a message function?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jsorens6 wrote:Does anyone else have trouble with PDF attachments not opening properly when utilizing the send a message function?
I have seen it before, but it was limited to a bishopric member with a USCellular email. Once he started using Gmail for the church emails, his problem with receiving them was resolved.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

jsorens6 wrote:Does anyone else have trouble with PDF attachments not opening properly when utilizing the send a message function?
I think it was several months ago that I received a couple of PDF attachments from a bishopric member, and the PDF files were corrupted. I _think_ that problem was caused by an identified bug that was fixed within a matter of a few weeks.
packleslie

Post by packleslie »

Where do I find the "Send a Message" function? Maybe I don't have access since I'm not a Ward Leader? I am the Stake YW Secretary and would like to use the function to send an email to all of the unit presidencies in the stake.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

packleslie wrote:Where do I find the "Send a Message" function? Maybe I don't have access since I'm not a Ward Leader? I am the Stake YW Secretary and would like to use the function to send an email to all of the unit presidencies in the stake.
It would be under the "Applications" menu in LCR. According to the Access Table, the Stake YW Presidency does not have access to the tool. You could compose the email and forward it to a stake clerk to send it using the Send A Message tool.

The programmers typically do not visit this user-to-user help forum and they certainly cannot act on requests posted here. The best way to request a change to the Access Table would be to provide feedback from any church page or ask your stake president to bring it up in his coordinating council.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I used Send a Message about an hour ago and everything seemed to process okay. But no messages have been received. Should I wait? Should I send again? Is the message queued?

In the past, messages have shown up within minutes, including the confirmation message (not yet received). I do not have any experience where it does not seem to be working.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

At the suggestion of the GSC, I sent the message again. This time, the first confirmation message came through when I first signed on to LCR, with 23 recipients rejected by the server. I know that most of those 23 email addresses are correct (one is my own).

After I sent the message again, the confirmation message came through with no rejections, and the actual message came through as well.

Oddly, I was not able to sign out of LCR. The only option was to sign in (again). I came directly here to post and will sign out from here.

SSO strikes again.

I thank myself for solving my own problem and discovering a new bug in the process. Life is wonderful.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”