Gospel Library no Longer on Kindle app store?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
loisdbrown

Gospel Library no Longer on Kindle app store?

Post by loisdbrown »

Hi,
I have 20 Kindle Fires in my classroom for my seminary students. They use the Kindles instead of their cell phones so they are less distracted. (The Gospel LIbrary app is the only thing on the Kindle.) It has worked great until yesterday. The Gospel Library disappeared from all of my Kindles. I went to the Kindle App store to re-download, and I cannot find it anywhere. I searched by title and by Developer. Some of the other apps the Church has made are there, but no Gospel Library. Anybody know what is going on? Is this a Church or Amazon problem? Who should I contact?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library no Longer on Kindle app store?

Post by sbradshaw »

What version of Android or Fire OS are your Kindle Fires running?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It looks like Amazon removed Gospel Library from the Amazon Appstore because of a crash when using the microphone button in search. The developers are fixing the crash and will be submitting a new build to Amazon soon.

That's interesting that Gospel Library was actually removed from your devices. I would expect that the installed app would remain, and you'd only discover Gospel Library missing if you tried to delete and reinstall it... Is there a setting for that, or have you seen that happen with other apps?
MPali

Post by MPali »

Are they going to put the gospel library back in the kindle library? It disappeared off all of my children's kindles too. I love having the app on their kindles because even my youngest ones can listen to scriptures every morning.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library is now available again on the Amazon Appstore.
Thanks for posting about the issue, it might have taken longer for us to find it otherwise!
loisdbrown

Post by loisdbrown »

Hi Sbradshaw--thanks so much for responding. The Kindle App is back on the App Store. YEAH!!! Sadly, the app no longer is able to be added to a child's profile. (Another person posted the same thing.) I contacted Amazon. They ran all the tests on my Kindles, and they said it is a developer issue. I can use Gospel Library in my adult profile, but a child profile, which has limited access, will not allow the Gospel App to be loaded. I'm hoping there are plans to fix that?

BTW, you asked about the Gospel App disappearing from my Devices. I believe they disappeared the instant the app crashed because of the way my Kindles are set up. I created one child profile called "Student." Then, from my Kindle account, I loaded that profile onto all 20 of my Kindles. Anything the profile "Student" had access to shows up on each of the Kindles. That way I didn't have to download things 20 times for each Kindle. I hope that makes sense.

I'm really looking forward to the Gospel Library to be available for upload onto child profiles.

Best!

sister Brown
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm not very familiar with Kindle FreeTime and child profiles. Does it give you a certain message when you try to add the app to a profile? What settings do you have enabled on the profile? For example, for one of the users on this page (last comment on the page, also on the following page), they had "Learn First" checked and it prevented them from enabling any apps that aren't labeled as "Education":
https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/devi ... -load-apps
MPali

Post by MPali »

On my kids' profiles, there is no message, the app just isn't available to choose when picking the apps for their profiles. It was there, as an option, before this last update. I can still access it in the app store or in the adult profile, so it is still associated with my account. I'm not sure what changed in this last update that made it disappear, but I hope you can fix It! Thanks for looking into it.
loisdbrown

Post by loisdbrown »

Hi, I looked up the "Learn Time" error. My "Learn Time" is not even turned on. There must be something else going on. The bummer is that the Gospel Library app worked so well in the "child profile" for the last year until the glitch with the gospel library app two weeks ago and Amazon pulled it off. When the Church put the app back on the Amazon app store, it no longer will show up in a child profile. There's no error code. In fact, the Kindle thinks it is loaded into the profile. The app justjust won't show up.

I keep thinking there must have been something that changed in the gospel library app or on Amazon during "the crash" to make it no longer compatible with child profiles.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

loisdbrown wrote:In fact, the Kindle thinks it is loaded into the profile. The app just won't show up.
Maybe this is the root of the problem, if the Kindle thinks it's there, but it's not? Are you able to remove it entirely from the device and profile, then add it again?

Return to “Android Gospel Library”