Annual Tithing Declaration - Donor Year End Statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cchang

Annual Tithing Declaration - Donor Year End Statements

Post by cchang »

When I tried to generate the Year End Statement for individual donors, I am not seeing an option to select the year 2019. When will the year end statements for 2019 be available to start handing out? I don't see it in the pre-generated donor statements section either in the Year End Statement. The only one I see is Donor Statements and has a pre-generated form but that's only through Sept 2019.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Annual Tithing Declaration - Donor Year End Statements

Post by lajackson »

cchang wrote:When will the year end statements for 2019 be available to start handing out?
It is not known for certain, but in past years the statements have become available sometime during the third week of the month, some years later than others.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Unless something changes this year, you won't be able to generate individual statements until the pre-generated statements are available. And as lajackson has indicates, that's usually been somewhere in the Jan 16-24th range. But the only guarantee we've been given is that they will be available before Jan 31st.
cchang

Post by cchang »

eblood66 wrote:Unless something changes this year, you won't be able to generate individual statements until the pre-generated statements are available. And as lajackson has indicates, that's usually been somewhere in the Jan 16-24th range. But the only guarantee we've been given is that they will be available before Jan 31st.
I still have not seen the pre-generated statements yet. Have others seen them yet?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I turned mine off (so the ward doesn't have to print it) - I generate mine myself on the donations page. However, 2019 is not yet available for selection so I would guess they are not quite ready yet.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

They were not available today. I expect that they will appear sometime this coming week, but I have nothing to do with making them appear, so no guarantees.
cchang

Post by cchang »

davesudweeks wrote:I turned mine off (so the ward doesn't have to print it) - I generate mine myself on the donations page. However, 2019 is not yet available for selection so I would guess they are not quite ready yet.
Yes, I have not seen the option for 2019 yet for selection. We have a few members that have been asking for it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

cchang wrote: We have a few members that have been asking for it.
Members have two options available to them to get the donations amount for tax filing. They can go into the online donations for a donations summary or they can ask the clerk for a donation summary. Neither of these summaries are not tax valid statements they need for an audit. But they can at least prepare their returns. Members should use the summary to compare to their donation receipts for errors. These errors need to be resolved by working with the ward clerk before filing their taxes and getting an adjusted tax valid statement.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Members have two options available to them to get the donations amount for tax filing. They can go into the online donations for a donations summary or they can ask the clerk for a donation summary. Neither of these summaries are not tax valid statements they need for an audit. But they can at least prepare their returns.
But they need to keep in mind that not all donations are tax deductible. Otherwise, they could be in for a surprise when they do get the tax valid statements.

As best as I can remember:
In the tax statement: Tithing, Fast offering, Missionary, Humanitarian aid, and "Other" categories that get swept to CHQ like "Book of Mormon" and "Temple Construction"

Not in the tax statement: Budget, "Other" categories that stays with the ward like YM/YW camps, scouting, etc.

But yes, they really need to check the donations and see if it matches their records and get any corrections done right away.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cchang

Post by cchang »

jdlessley wrote:
cchang wrote: We have a few members that have been asking for it.
Members have two options available to them to get the donations amount for tax filing. They can go into the online donations for a donations summary or they can ask the clerk for a donation summary. Neither of these summaries are not tax valid statements they need for an audit. But they can at least prepare their returns. Members should use the summary to compare to their donation receipts for errors. These errors need to be resolved by working with the ward clerk before filing their taxes and getting an adjusted tax valid statement.
When I go into Donor Statements in LCR, I can't even generate a new statement for the previous year. It's probably because I cant' delete the pregenerated donor statement which only goes through Sept. 30, 2019 but we need one for the entire 2019 year. Can you generate a new donor statement for the entire 2019 year under the Donor Statements tab?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”