Donations History

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
skabbott

Donations History

Post by skabbott »

Somehow i have 2 accounts, i paid my tithing using my other account since i started paying donations. But, in some reason my Bishop called the church service for help to let us login to my account because my MRN is not recognized...that's the time we knew that i have 2 accounts...so, the church service deleted one of my account. Now, my donations only shows the latest history since one of my account deleted. How can I get my previous history? I need it for my tax filing. Hoping for you help.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Donations History

Post by rmrichesjr »

Talk to your ward clerk. Have him arrange contact with the Global Service Center. While the two accounts were both active, the GSC could have merged the two, which would have combined all donation records and so forth. With the one account deleted, the GSC folks are the only ones who might be able to retrieve the donation records.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Assuming the deleted account didn't have your MRN, only the GSC folks can bring those records back.

If the deleted account DID have your MRN, then you should be able to add the MRN to your current account and that would merge the records.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

It would be nice if the ward clerk could run a report that showed all the donations of "non-member" donors, so we could detect such problems. In this case, a member donated using a "non-member" account. In other cases, clerks forget to add the MRN to new donor records (especially when missionaries pay fast offerings).
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

In LCR you can filter the Participants tab for Non-Member and Donors. Reviewing that list may often be enough to find such problems.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

eblood66 wrote:In LCR you can filter the Participants tab for Non-Member and Donors. Reviewing that list may often be enough to find such problems.
This is also available in MLS (or at least it used to be - I don't have access any longer).
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

That does show a few members of other wards who donated to our fundraiser, or who received reimbursements from us. I suppose if I knew their MRNs, I might be able to edit a transaction. I don't see how I can add a MRN to a non-member participant. I don't think I can merge member and non-member participants, either. It's no big deal, since I really don't have a need to make such changes at this time.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

drepouille wrote:That does show a few members of other wards who donated to our fundraiser, or who received reimbursements from us. I suppose if I knew their MRNs, I might be able to edit a transaction. I don't see how I can add a MRN to a non-member participant. I don't think I can merge member and non-member participants, either. It's no big deal, since I really don't have a need to make such changes at this time.
No, you can't add an MRN to a non-member participant. But you can merge a non-member participant to a member participant (in fact I think that the only way you can combine records). However, in LCR you can't create a new member participant without creating a reimbursement for them. However, you can create a Member donor record in MLS and then merge the non-member record into the new member record in MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:It would be nice if the ward clerk could run a report that showed all the donations of "non-member" donors, so we could detect such problems.
That would only show "non-member" donors created by the ward.

It appears the OP was donating on-line. There's no way for a ward to see on-line "non-members" as they don't belong to any ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”