New Bishop With Competing Rolls

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
lamonty

New Bishop With Competing Rolls

Post by lamonty »

Hello all!

Recently called Bishop here. Despite my feelings of inadequacy, I need to conduct a Patriarchal Blessing interview this week. I was added as the Bishop of the Ward and President of the Priests Quorum. My previous callings of Stake High Councilor and Website Administrator are still showing. I am unable to access Handbook 1 or any of the Reports. Membership information (age, previous callings, etc.) are also not available. I need to release the current RF President (my wife) and call a new RF President this week. I'm feeling hamstrung.

Is there a way to login to Tools or LCR in my role as a Bishop rather than that of High Counselor or Website Admin?

Thanks!

James Andreasen
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New Bishop With Competing Rolls

Post by russellhltn »

If I'm not mistaken, in LCR, there's a drop down where you select what role you wish to use. My guess is that it's defaulted to Stake High Councilor and you need to change it to Bishop.

But first, I should note that it can take up to 24 hours after a calling is recorded before it becomes effective.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Your calling was just recorded this evening, so tomorrow you should see the drop down show up in LCR.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

And don't forget that you have a clerk to help you with most administrative tasks and changes.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lamonty

Post by lamonty »

Thank you all!

My clerk, like me, is still learning. :o) Will access to the Missionary Portal likewise take 24 hours?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Access to the Missionary site will most likely also require an overnight wait.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lamonty wrote:Thank you all!

My clerk, like me, is still learning. :o) Will access to the Missionary Portal likewise take 24 hours?
Permissions based on you calling all take some time to flow through the system so yes Missionary Portal is not immediate, but typically overnight works for getting them through the system, so I would give it a try this morning.
lamonty

Post by lamonty »

Same issue regarding Patriarchal Blessing Recommendations. Do I continue to be patient and wait for both the Missionary Portal and Patriarchal Blessing to automatically adjust, or is some action needed?

Cheers!

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”