Second Life?

This forum will hold posts about new technologies and how they could be or are being used to benefit the Church.
richmanll
Church Employee
Church Employee

Second Life

Post by richmanll »

A handful of members bought an island, upon which they have built an LDS visitors’ center, Family History Center, chapel, and personal residences. There is also a replica of the Relief Society building, the Christus statue, and the Tabernacle. To learn more about this, as well as information about what Second Life is, see http://ldsmediatalk.com/2007/05/11/morm ... cond-life/

MSNBC has written a story about religion in Second Life. (Be sure to watch the video on that page.)
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

As I said earlier, virtual world is a good example for plain of happyness explanation!
But it seem to me that now is having too much credit. SL is not a LIFE is a GAME.
If I go to Second life, can I buy a gun and kill someone. And if I do so, am I a killer?
SL is a good way to collect money, if this is the purpouse of the Church.
Can I have a Tomas B. Monson Avatar and be the Prophet of SL LDS Church?
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

SL invokes strong feelings within the community either way. However it is best to debate the viability or usefulness of SL in other non-Church operated forums.

Tom

Return to “Emerging Technologies”