nFS question

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
MarianJohnson

Great Idea - Inventory Your Temple Cards

Post by MarianJohnson »

Using the description listed in the previous post by MorettiDP to get you to the screen where you reprint ordinance cards, you can also do the following:

I discovered that by going to the Temple Ordinance tab in new
FamilySearch, then clicking on "Reprint Family Ordinance Requests and
Family Ordinance Cards", you have the option to choose:
Family ordinance cards for male ancestors
Family ordinance cards for female ancestors
Family ordinance cards for couples

These options list your outstanding family ordinance cards and tell
which ordinances are left to be done. I used these lists to inventory
the pile of ordinance cards I have left to finish. I discovered that
there was a group of 10 females for whom I had done initiatories that
were never recorded, and a couple of other problems which I can now use
feedback to get corrected. Try it! It's great!

Marian Johnson
garysturn

Post by garysturn »

If you go to http://www.familysearchlabs.org and and look at the FamilyTree program there you can see another way of tracking your Temple reserved names. You log in with your newFamilySearch username and password, then click on the Temple Tab.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct
MarianJohnson

Post by MarianJohnson »

I have found that the temple tab in the labs Family Tree doesn't have all of my ordinance cards listed. Some of my older batches aren't in there, and a few of my more recent submissions have missing names, but they are in the Reprint list.
Marian Johnson
garysturn

Post by garysturn »

Marian JOhnson wrote:I have found that the temple tab in the labs Family Tree doesn't have all of my ordinance cards listed. Some of my older batches aren't in there, and a few of my more recent submissions have missing names, but they are in the Reprint list.
Marian Johnson
If that is the case, I would recommend that while in FamilyTree you click on the feedback link and report that.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct
sbarnsley-p40

TempleReady Cards and NFS

Post by sbarnsley-p40 »

I am wondering if any one is running into this, I have a cards that were printed using TempleReady, some of the ordinances were done prior to our temple going live and consequently the ordinance dates show on the Online IGI. However, none of the work appears on NFS. Now according to the KDs the work should appear on NFS, but it does not. I have done this work in various temples so it is not the temple scanning that is the issue. All I am getting from support is that they recognize that some of the work is not appearing on NFS.

This is very frustrating as I cannot enter any of this information onto my pedigree because it will show as not being done. Has any one else encountered this?
MarianJohnson

Ordinance Dates Missing In nFS

Post by MarianJohnson »

I have an entire batch that I processed last March using Temple Ready for which the ordinance work does not show in nFS. Some of the work was done in temples not using nFS and those dates are in the IGI. Some temple work was done in nFS temples and those dates do not show up anywhere. There are shown as "in progress" in nFS and in the Temple tab in the Family Tree at labs.familysearch.org. I have reported this through feedback and was told it was sent to the engineeers. I suggest you also report it. If enough people report these problems, maybe they will be able to pinpoint the source of the problem.

I have also reported the other problem I have which I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread of outstanding ordinance cards which do not appear at all in the Temple tab at labs.familysearch.org.
Marian Johnson

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”