1 Click/QR for Missionaries to Share Calendar, Location, Reminder... No More Forgetting

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
merrickmax

1 Click/QR for Missionaries to Share Calendar, Location, Reminder... No More Forgetting

Post by merrickmax »

My missionary son asked me to make up a flyer for him to print and pass out with the address and time for church to share with "friends"(we used to call investigators:-). I made up a QR code for navigation to the chapel. Then I thought it would be so much better if people could just use a QR/link to add a public calendar to their device with meeting time, address w/ navigation link, contact info, maybe even a zoom link (Porter in GSC suggested that)...

1-Click of QR/link shared by missionaries and members gives everything investigators need:
+Reminder on phone calendar of meetings time
+Location of chapel with navigation link
+Contact information for the missionaries/ward or branch leaders
+Zoom meeting info? For people to see a meeting first if scared to go in person for the first time
+Updates are automatically synced from the unit calendar so calendar is valid forever even with time changes or additional meetings...

No more forgetting, not knowing where the meetings are located, not having contact info for the missionaries or leaders... 1 Click resolves all of these issues!!!

I set up a public google calendar and made up a QR code for the link and it worked:-). Before we could get it setup my son was just transferred.

So I suppose that each unit could set up a public calendar with link & QR code and add the meetings with contact info to that calendar but that probably won't happen much.

However, with all of the great Church tech and whiz members, it would be great to have a way to do all of this automatically so the missionaries and members can share everything needed with their friends/investigators with one QR code or link. (Don't they already do something similar to add Temple appointments to your calendar?)

What can I do to help get this super powerful tool to share the Gospel out there?

Return to “General Discussions”