Personal Assistance tab

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
TinMan

Personal Assistance tab

Post by TinMan »

Sorry if this has been asked. I searched. I really did. (How many posts start out that way?)

When you go into the "Help Center" of NFS, there is an optional tab at the top called "personal assistance." When you click it on, it brings up the name, phone number and email address for the ward family history consultants.

That is pretty cool, but the information is incorrect for my ward. How do you change that information? I contacted the tech help line at NFS, and they said it had to be changed by the ward clerk. I contacted the ward clerk, and he checked everywhere he could and could not find where we had designated the wrong FH consultants. So:

1. How do you remove a FH consultant who has been released, and

2. How do you correct the email address if it has changed?

Thanks.

Newbie.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Good question. At one time FamilySearch had consultants sign up at a FamilySearch website, but I have no idea how they would be released.

Another place you can check is the local unit web site. Are the consultants in question shown as having the calling there?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

TinMan wrote:Sorry if this has been asked. I searched. I really did. (How many posts start out that way?)

When you go into the "Help Center" of NFS, there is an optional tab at the top called "personal assistance." When you click it on, it brings up the name, phone number and email address for the ward family history consultants.

That is pretty cool, but the information is incorrect for my ward. How do you change that information? I contacted the tech help line at NFS, and they said it had to be changed by the ward clerk. I contacted the ward clerk, and he checked everywhere he could and could not find where we had designated the wrong FH consultants. So:

1. How do you remove a FH consultant who has been released, and

2. How do you correct the email address if it has changed?

Thanks.

Newbie.
The ward clerk can't help you -- I can't imagine why nFS Support told you that. And it has nothing to do with what is listed on the local unit web site. It comes from the Family History Consultant registration process. The answers to your questions are in the message given to each consultant as he or she registers:
FamilySearch Support
In addition to the resources mentioned above, we would like to make you aware of the following:

So to change an e-mail address, the consultant has to re-register. To remove a consultant, the consultant has to send e-mail to support@familysearch.org.
garysturn

Post by garysturn »

Family History Consultants register at consultant.familysearch.org and that is how they get on that list. It does not come from the ward records. To get someone removed someone would need to contact Family History Support. There is a link to support on the newFamilySearch page at the bottom of each page where it says feedback. I don't know if the email would need to come from the released consultant or if another ward member could report the release.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

So to change an e-mail address, the consultant has to re-register. To remove a consultant, the consultant has to send e-mail to [email=support@familysearch.org.]support@familysearch.org.[/email]

"Re-Register."

Does a consultant first need to "remove their registration" by emailing support, or can they just register again and the new registration over-writes the old registration?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

GarysTurn wrote:I don't know if the email would need to come from the released consultant or if another ward member could report the release.

That would be important since the released consultant passed away. Is there an "email in heaven" thread someplace here?

:)

I will send an email to support and see what happens.

thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

TinMan wrote:"Re-Register."

Does a consultant first need to "remove their registration" by emailing support, or can they just register again and the new registration over-writes the old registration?

Simply go through the registration process again, which will update all the information for that consultant. There is no need to remove the registration first.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Great!

Thank you for your quick response. nFS has already answered my email and removed the consultant no longer serving. Now I will get his replacment to re-register updating her information.

thank you so much!

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”